Mexican food franchises generally serve some combination of tacos, burritos, quesadillas and other Mexican entrees to consumers.
Tantalizing taco types
There are three main types of Mexican food franchises:
- Fast food franchises, which serve quick and cheap Mexican food.
- Fresh Mex franchises, which focus on better quality food for a slightly higher price. The fresh Mex segment has been growing rapidly.
- Sit-down Mexican restaurants, which serve a wider variety of meals, and are full service restaurants.
Yo quiero Mexican food
- Mexican food is a $30.7 billion market.
- The Mexican food industry is projected to grow through 2017.
- The average margin in the industry was 3.5 percent.
As the Hispanic population explodes throughout the United States, every reason to think this is an excellent time to get involved with a Mexican food franchise!