Identify the perfect franchise for you! Take our short quiz Find your franchise match!
Identify the perfect franchise for you! Take our short quiz Find your franchise match!



Arby’s is a fast food restaurant chain that features roast beef sandwiches. With more than 3,500 locations, Arby’s is the leading roast beef restaurant in North America. However, roast beef is not the only food on the menu. Arby’s also offers an assortment of chicken sandwiches, salads, sandwiches, wraps, appetizers, and French fries. Arby’s restructured value menu with items costing as low as $1 has brought a renewed interest in the brand from bargain-hunting diners.

Facts & Figures

Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$333,700 - $25,300,000
Franchise fee
Units in operation


Arby’s franchisees are expected to have both significant experience in restaurant management and belief in the Arby’s brand. There are four basic layout concepts for Arby’s locations: freestanding, shopping plaza, college and university, and airport. Not all franchisees need to go through the construction process for a new store: refranchising opportunities are available, as well.

Arby’s Franchise Opportunities - History

Forrest and Leroy Raffel opened the first Arby’s in Boardman, Ohio in 1964. The name Arby came from the spelling of the initials R.B. which stands not for “roast beef” as rumored, but “Raffel Brothers”. Currently, the Roark Capital Group owns over 80% of the company, with Wendy’s, another giant in the fast food industry, owning the remaining nearly 20%.

Arby’s Franchise Cost / Initial Investment / Arby’s Franchise Income

Arby’s has a franchise fee of $37,500 for a 20-year renewable agreement, although the total initial investment ranges anywhere from $333,7000 to $2,300,000. Arby’s charges its franchisees a 4% ongoing royalty fee on all sales, plus an additional 4.2% fee to be applied to national and local advertising efforts. Franchisees must have $500,000 available in liquid assets.

Arby’s Business Opportunities: Other Information

Emerging research provides good reason to partner with Arby’s: The food industry is a nearly $600 billion business annually, with customers visiting sandwich franchises an average of 2.5 times a week. There are about twice as many franchised Arby’s locations as company owned restaurants. Arby’s also franchises a restaurant T.J. Cinnamon’s, a gourmet cinnamon roll restaurant.


Is this your franchise?

Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!