Find the perfect
Find the perfect
franchise you can open
Take our quiz to see a personalized list of local franchise opportunities.
American Freight is the leader in providing quality furniture, mattresses, and appliances at everyday low prices. The brand’s “no frills, no fluff” warehouse-style stores are easy to build and quick to open, which puts cash back into its franchise owners’ pockets and saves its customers money. This franchise opportunity is recession-resistant, easy to build, quick to open, and highly scalable.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$496,900 - $942,900
Units in operation
Own an American Freight Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- A home goods franchise that offers furniture, mattresses, and appliances at affordable low prices
How does it make money?
- Through the in-store sales and delivery of furniture, mattresses, and other home products
Who is it for?
- Someone who enjoys working with homeowners to outfit their homes
- Someone with some sales background
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Oversee the operations of a retail discount furniture and home goods store
- Hire and manage necessary sales staff and management to successfully cater to clients' needs
THE FRANCHISE FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE MAKING MONEY
American Freight Furniture, Mattress, and Appliance, the leading nationwide retailer of furniture, mattresses, and appliances at discounted prices, has made a name for itself in the franchise industry since introducing its program in 2020. The company has already earned recognition from Entrepreneur magazine as a 2022 Fastest Growing Franchise, 2022 and 2023 Top New and Emerging Franchise, and was ranked in the publication’s annual Franchise 500.
But what makes this franchise opportunity different?
- Highly scalable: There are still more than 600 prime territories available for multi-unit development, and American Freight’s turnkey operations will allow franchise owners to scale quickly while overseeing multiple locations.
- Simple to build: The initial investment isn’t spent on building out a fancy store. It’s spent on putting product into the “no frills, no fluff” warehouse-style store, which makes the franchise owner money.
- Growing brand with serious buying power: American Freight has spent more than 25 years developing a proven business model and growing to more than 360 stores across 38 states (and counting!). With the buying power of hundreds of stores, franchise owners enjoy healthy discounts on costs per unit and can purchase items in larger quantities for low prices.
- Semi-absentee: Franchising with American Freight is a rare opportunity to own a successful business without being in the store daily. Dr. Troy Caron, MBA, a multi-unit franchise owner, is able to maintain his full-time career as an orthopedic surgeon while growing his investment with American Freight.
- Everyone’s a customer: Everybody needs a place to sit, sleep and eat, so American Freight’s customer base is broad — making the business model resistant to economic headwinds.
- Bottom line: American Freight doesn’t just plant flags; it opens successful stores.
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Multi-unit owner
- Minimum $200,000 liquidity
- Minimum $750,000 net worth
- Good credit
- U.S. citizen
- Innovative and influential
- P&L driver
- Superior networking and social skills
WHAT TRAINING AND SUPPORT CAN FRANCHISE OWNERS EXPECT?
- Initial Training:
- Live instructor-led classes instructed by National Field trainers
- Online training and performance support
- In-store training visits
- Extensive role-based training at American Freight’s state-of-the-art training facility and distribution center in Newark Delaware
- Ongoing Support:
KPI’s and scorecards
Vendor relationships provided
White glove, in-house delivery model
Local grassroots recruiting
HQ contact center for all technical and business support
- Marketing Support
- Manage marketing calendar
- Place all media, digital marketing
- Develop creative
- Administrate email and text messaging programs
- Provide reporting on spend and results
- Support local activities that a franchisee may want to do
THE AMERICAN FREIGHT STORY
American Freight Furniture and Mattress was established in Lima, Ohio in 1994 with one simple mission in mind: to help customers save money on quality furniture and mattresses. For the past few decades, the company has stayed true to its early promise and served the nation as a resource for home furnishings — because everyone needs a place to sit, sleep and eat!
Since introducing its franchise model in 2020, American Freight’s per-store average income figures have attracted entrepreneurs and people looking for semi-absentee opportunities. Over the years, the company has grown to over 360 locations across 38 states, including the combination and acquisition of nearly 130 Sears Outlet stores and over 30 FFO Home locations. Throughout its growth, American Freight expanded its product assortment to encompass furniture, mattresses, and appliances. Now, American Freight continues to sell the best for less every day through flexible payment options, “take home today” offerings, and 100% approved free layaway.
This is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, an American Freight franchise. Offerings made by prospectus only and in compliance with the applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your state. ©️2023 American Freight®️. All rights reserved.
[REQUEST MORE INFORMATION / FORMAT OF CTA VARIES BY PROFILE]
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!