Athena Learning Centers is a community of year-round Learning Centers where children go to improve their math and reading skills. Each franchised Athena Learning Center offers the Athena Total Solutions? package of powerful solutions to help all students meet high standards and prepare them for college and the 21st century workplace.
Full Franchise Information
Athena Learning Centers is a community of year-round Learning Centers where children go to improve their math and reading skills. Each franchised Athena Learning Center offers the Athena Total Solutions™ package of powerful solutions to help all students meet high standards and prepare them for college and the 21st century workplace.
In 2012, Athena Learning Centers partnered with Pearson Education, the leader in education services. Through the partnership, Athena Learning Centers selected the Navigator Programs, an America’s Choice product from Pearson, to use in each of its franchised locations nationwide. As the leading education services company, Pearson is serious about evolving how the world learns. They apply their deep education experience and research, invest in innovative technologies, and promote collaboration throughout the education ecosystem.
For decades, Pearson Education has had a direct impact on the educational success of millions of students across the country. As one of the pioneers of the American standards movement, Pearson Education has contributed to the development of the Common Core State Standards. At Athena Learning Centers, there is alignment between what your child will learn at the Center and what they are expected to learn at school.
In addition to personalized instruction in our Learning Centers, Athena also offers online learning solutions for students powered by Virtual Nerd. Virtual Nerd uses their patent-pending Dynamic Whiteboard online instructional platform to help students learn. Virtual Nerd currently offers hundreds of tutorials in Middle Grades Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, and Intro Physics. Virtual Nerd is best in class when it comes to online tutoring.
We have also partnered with The Princeton Review to offer the best preparation for high stakes tests for your child in PSAT, SAT, SAT subject tests, and AP subject tests. For over 30 years, The Princeton Review’s methods and techniques have remained the gold standard in the test prep industry.
Athena Learning Centers is proud to offer the Athena Total Solutions™ package of instructional programs in each of its franchised locations for your child’s continued academic success. These research-based solutions include carefully aligned instructional materials, thoughtfully crafted over many years using a rigorous development process. Independent research and extensive field testing have shown the programs to be effective in a wide range of settings.
Why Athena over others?
A franchise provides franchisees with a certain level of independence when operating their own business and provides an established product or service that already enjoys widespread brand name recognition. (This gives the franchisee the benefits of customer awareness that would ordinarily take years to establish.) A franchise increases your chances of business success because you are associating with proven products and methods. At Athena Learning Centers, franchising is an example of teamwork at its best. We bring together the talents of our dedicated corporate staff and management team to assist you with all aspects of starting and operating your Athena Learning Center.
You can expect support in the following areas:
- Athena Total Solutions™ Products and Services:
- Math, Literacy, and Science
- Navigator curriculum powered by Pearson Education
- Diagnostic in-center assessment to determine placement in Math, Literacy or Science Navigator offerings
- On line homework help powered by Virtual Nerd
- In-Center and On line SAT/ACT Prep Courses by The Princeton Review
- Student Progress Tracking System with Regular Check Points throughout each module and post test to access self-paced progress
- Athena Center Management System, powered by Athena on Demand
- Automated Center Check-in System for Students
- Automatic Monthly Billing System
- Recommended Reading List with Books available for purchase in Center or online through the Athena Store
Franchisee Support and Benefits:
- Athena Brand Recognition; proprietary marketing/advertising strategy plan
- Franchisee Intranet Communications and Marketing Portal Powered by Athena on Demand
- Athena Branded National/Local Website for all Athena Locations
- Owner Hotline via our Toll Free Number
- Staff Training On-Site and at Athena University
- Real Estate Location Services; demographic profiles, real estate lease support
- Turn-Key Interior Design/Build-Out services by industry leading architects/contractors/suppliers
- Camera Software/Hardware for off-site monitoring of your learning center in real-time
- Direct Local Marketing Solutions
- Student Enrollment (Pre-Enrollment) services/consulting
- On-going owner/center director support and training
- Area of protected territory (provided you meet our enrollment goals)
- Reasonable royalty rates of 7% compared to our competitors that go as high as 40%
- Develop a specified area through multi-unit ownership if you qualify
- No owner/Operator requirement
- Renewal agreement term of 10 years (if offered)
Through every aspect of the exciting process leading up to opening your new Learning Center, the Athena team is there to guide and support you every step of the way! Build a business that not only strives for success but one that also motivates children to do the same.
We are glad you have chosen to investigate Athena as a potential opportunity and we look forward to speaking to you, answering your questions, and developing a successful business relationship. We are currently looking for both single and multi-unit franchisees to open our Learning Centers.