Checkers franchise is known for having great tasting "hand-seasoned" burgers and fries combined with fast service because the double drive-thru allows service twice as fast as big competitors. On-the-go patrons appreciate the quick service with the added benefit of a value-driven menu offering great food at a great price. Franchisees are professionals with a proven background in a previous business endeavor or fast food with the financial resources to open one or more locations.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$239,000 - $825,000
Units in operation
The FranchiseHelp Brief
What is it?
- A double drive-thru restaurant specializing in hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and milkshakes
- A restaurant sering big, bold and loaded food
How does it make money?
- Sells burgers and other fast foods
- Fulfills online orders
Who is it for?
- Ambitious and bold individuals who want to excel in both their personal lives and careers
- Passionate individual with uncompromisingly high standards
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Choose our own restaurant format, ranging from modular, in-line, non-traditional, conversion and end cap to double drive-thru stores
- Prepare and sell burgers, wings, fries and drinks like milkshakes
With a seasoned and principled leadership and support team, along with a strong national presence, Checkers has had strong consecutive same store sales performance. The Company owned restaurants were second only to McDonalds in the hamburger QSR category in fiscal 2011.
With nearly 800 restaurants and 25 plus years’ experience, Checkers is consistently ranked highest in overall value by guests in the category – thriving in both booming and retracting economies. The company owns and operates 300 restaurants to ensure both products and initiatives are tested before rollout to the franchise community. In fact, Checkers has added new product lines, such as Classic Wings and Cold Creations, while preserving its craveable food and menu simplicity. The Company has meaningfully improved restaurant profitability by implementing a nimble, metrics-driven management style and developing efficiencies across the business. The results of this new orientation are highly tangible and include more effective food cost controls and a streamlined supply chain and distribution system.
Checkers even offers build-out options at multiple investment levels to help those restaurateurs of all sizes to own a business. In three short years, Checkers conceptualized and built four new restaurant formats, dramatically reducing the investment level. Formats include:
- New freestanding prototype option
- Inline option
- End cap/single drive thru option
- Conversion of an existing restaurant
These varied restaurant formats allow restaurateurs to fit Checkers on any site with compelling returns.
We are looking for both individuals with prior restaurant/business experience and those who are seeking a financial investment. Our financial criteria are:
- Minimum $750,000 net worth
- $250,000 liquid assets
Checkers is a proud supporter of the International Franchise Association’s VetFran program.
See what Checkers Drive-In is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!