No appointments, no waiting, and you know “It’s gonna be great.” With Great Clips, the world’s largest hair salon franchise, you never need to worry about making an appointment or having to take time off work—simply walk in! No hair care experience is necessary for franchisees, who usually end up running five or six locations after five years. Affordable, consistent and high-quality, the Great Clips experience makes it easy to look your best.
Full Franchise Information
With more than 3,500 salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s biggest salon brand. Started in 1982, Great Clips salons employ 35,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn advanced skills and the latest trends. Our salon owners and corporate office are dedicated to our communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities.
A Cut Above the Rest
In 1982, the first Great Clips salon opened its doors near the University of Minnesota campus. The next year, the first franchised Great Clips salon opened in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. There were 150 franchised Great Clip salons in 1988, which grew to 1,000 in 1997, 2,500 in 2006 and now has more than 3,500 locations. Great Clips has national partnerships with brands like Old Navy, NFL.com, NASCAR, and EA Sports, and has placed in the top 40 of Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 list every year since 2011.
Why Choose Great Clips?
- Great Clips is the largest single hair care name brand in North America. We have a nearly 50% market share of all franchised hair salon units. As measured in units, the next closest brand falls short by more than 30%, and the gap grows wider each year.
- Owners can keep their professional careers—our salons are manager-run.
- We have more than 1,000 owners who have opened more than 3,500 salons.
- Our owners believe in multi-unit ownership—our average owner operates five to six salons after five years.
- We don’t just say we're 100% committed to owner success, we prove it. To eliminate conflict of interest issues, we are not in the business of operating corporate salons—our salons are owned by franchisees.
Support Systems and Training
Great Clips boasts a network of more than 1,000 owners and a pioneering executive team—someone will always be there to support you and share their knowledge. Our proprietary software, Styleware Touch, is the leading management tool in the industry. It tracks cash, inventory, employee productivity and performance, scheduling, staffing and payroll. In addition, we have 24/7 technological support in case you need an extra hand. To top it off, our owner, salon manager, and stylist training are the most comprehensive in the industry, and our recruitment strategies are an invaluable tool for owners.
- Our two-day, Building Your Legacy training highlights all aspects of the Great Clips operating systems for our new owners.
- We have more than 65 conveniently located North American training centers provide stylist and manager training.
- Great Clips also employs Education Specialists who provide ongoing training to Great Clips stylists and salon managers across North America.
- Our stylist recruitment website garners more than 41,000 online applications every year!
- We have powerful relationships with many area cosmetology schools, providing you access to stylists just beginning their careers.