Craft beer is America’s fastest-growing industry. Growler USA’s award-winning concept provides quality, select cuisine and the best local and regional craft beers and hand-crafted beverages in a comfortable, upscale neighborhood environment.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$556,148 - $895,519
Units in operation
The FranchiseHelp Brief
What is it?
- Microbrew pub featuring 100 taps of high-quality beers
- Also offers delicious menu items and a warm, comfortable store setting
How does it make money?
- In store sales of craft beers and other beverages, and menu items
Who is it for?
- Someone comfortable interacting and working with a variety of people
- Fans of beer and craft beverages
- Restaurant or bar experience are not necessary
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Work to build a growing brand or craft brew pub
- Oversee management, food service and bar staff to ensure high-quality product
- Heavy interaction with customer base to build strong repeat business
Craft Beer Franchise
Inspired by America’s fastest-growing industry, craft beer, Growler USA introduces a new franchise concept: The Microbrew Pub. 19 years of double- digit growth give craft beer 22% of the $105.9 Billion US beer market. Analysts estimate the industry’s 5-year CAGR at 19%, and believe growth can continue for another 20 years.
In a March, 2016, article titled Franchise the Unexpected: 4 Franchisors Thinking Ahead, Growler USA was named by Entrepreneur as one of its four “most interesting newcomers” in franchising, in part because Growler USA is the only franchise concept 100% committed to the American craft beer movement. The craft beer industry is fun, innovative, and full of good people. And even if you’ve never worked in a restaurant, Growler USA has a place in it for you.
Fits Your Life
Growler USA’s “microbrew pub” concept allows you to:
- Leave the brewing to the brewers. Serve the best local, regional and national craft beers along with other trending hand-crafted beverages including hard ciders, draught wine, non-alcoholic sodas and kombucha teas, and more. You manage relationships with fellow entrepreneurs who create wonderful beverages. They brew; and they’re great at it. You sell their wares, and be great at that.
- Be a beer expert. Growler USA sponsors Cicerone® program certifications. Cicerone is the industry’s leading certification program. All Growler USA beertenders are Cicerone Certified Beer Servers. You will be, too.
- Provide an upscale experience. Growler USA microbrew pubs are comfortable and fashionable, designed to foster neighborly conversation in an environment that generates referrals. Recipes are delicious, with five-star presentation. Growler USA’s True to the Brew™ beverage handling and delivery system is, simply stated, the best in the world.
- Leverage the daypart. Guests come for the beer. Growler USA’s Executive Chef-designed menu brings them back for lunch. Do you need to hire a chef? No, you do not. Training is provided, and the technology-driven kitchen is remarkably easy to manage.
- Go to bed. Growler USA pubs typically close by midnight on weekends and earlier during the week. A Beer & Wine license, rather than a full liquor license, is all you’ll need. There are places in the world for cheap beer and tequila shots. And that’s fine. They’re just all somewhere else.
Growler USA’s small footprint of 2,500-3,000 square feet includes the most sophisticated and easiest-to-manage cooler and beverage intake, storage, delivery and tracking system in the business. Period.
Supported by Experience
In addition to the best legal, real estate, and marketing firms in franchising, Growler USA franchisees gain help and perspective from the founders of Rapid Refill Ink, a concept that grew to 200 locations within three years. Founder and CEO Dan White is frequently profiled in major business publications, and the Growler USA executive team brings decades of experience in franchising and foodservice.
In addition to becoming part of the Growler USA ohana, franchise owners also gain the benefits of the company’s memberships in organizations including the International Franchise Association, National Restaurant Association, and the Brewer’s Association.
Growler USA is a proud VetFran program participant, offering substantial franchise fee discounts for qualified US Armed Forces veterans. Growler USA is SBA-approved and offers assistance with third-party financing.
Growler USA franchisees select their menu from a cookbook filled with delicious recipes designed around good beer. Growler USA’s Executive Chef works directly with each franchise owner to perfect the menu for each market. We make it easy with pub standards, like chicken wings and beef brisket sliders. We add fresh alternatives including edamame and smoked salmon salad. We surprise with delectables such as seared ahi tuna and blackened mahi tacos. What belongs on your menu?
Tap Your Profit Potential
Learn why Mintel says the craft beer market enjoys, “a perfect storm of factors, including an engaged consumer base; shoppers invested in where their products come from and how they are made; and a market with an elevated version of a familiar product that ticks all the boxes.”
Be a part of the concept that won The Entrepreneur’s Source’s 2015 Breaking the Mold Award for being, “a brand that re-defined the standard for its industry.”
Make the next chapter in your career one that brings you enjoyment and long- term opportunity.
Taste freedom. Contact Growler USA today.
See what Growler USA is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!