The Honey Baked Ham Company
The Honey Baked Ham Company, America's first and favorite ham franchise, has been serving high quality products for over 60 years. As a retail food franchise, HoneyBaked stands out with its multiple revenue streams and simple operating requirements.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$292,900 - $567,600
Units in operation
Own a The Honey Baked Ham Company Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- Retail store featuring honey-baked ham and ham-related products
- Offers scrumptious ham-based recipes
How does it make money?
- In-store sales of honey-baked ham and ham-related products
- Sales of ham-based prepared meals
Who is it for?
- Lovers of ham who want to provide the product to ham-loving customers
- Someone who seeks a high-volume retail business model
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Open and oversee operation of a retail prepared food store
- Hire and oversee management, food service and maintenance staff
The Honey Baked Ham Co®
At the Honey Baked Ham Co.®, serving the highest-quality products and creating the industry’s best customer experience has been our tradition for 60+ years running. Now, as Entrepreneur's #3 Retail Food Franchise, with 400+ stores nationwide and counting, our franchise opportunity gives passionate, business-minded people the chance to create a tradition of their own, serving America’s favorite holiday meal – spiral-sliced, sweet-glazed Honey Baked Ham – and much, much more.
Our signature Bone-In Half Ham has made us a holiday hit coast-to-coast, but we’re more than just ham for the holidays. Our franchisees benefit from an array of products and services that help keep business flowing.
- Signature Retail – Including premium hams, turkeys & roasts, traditional heat-and-serve sides, delicious desserts, and signature sauces & dips
- Specialty Catering – Craveable boxed lunches, specialty platters & trays, online & phone ordering, pickup & delivery
- Corporate & Individual Gifting – Holiday Ham Vouchers and HoneyBaked Gift Cards for corporate office, small business, charity organization, or individual gifting
- Dine-In Lunch – A full menu of fresh, made-to-order deli sandwiches, delicious soups & salads to enjoy in a café-style dining room, or take-out
- Pickup & Delivery – Where available, online ordering and partnerships with third-party delivery companies like Uber Eats keep fans connected to your store
Why Choose Us?
Own Your Own Business and Provide:
- Delicious, high-quality products
- Family traditions
- Tempting lunchtime options
- Convenient and distinctive catering and gifting options
- Outstanding service
While Taking Advantage of These Sweet Perks:
- Minimal-labor, no-cooking, specialty food retail concept
- Family-friendly hours
- Work/life balance
- Opportunities to work hard and achieve success
- Chances to connect with your community
We’re looking for passionate franchisees with a positive, can-do attitude that keeps them striving for success. We know impeccable financial management skills, sales aptitude, and managerial experience don’t necessarily come standard.
As long as you’ve got a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn from our experience within our proven system, we’ll help you get there.
In 1957, Harry Hoenselaar opened the first Honey Baked Ham Co.® store on Fenkle Street in Detroit, Michigan. There, he sold the only ham in the world that came pre-sliced in a patented spiral design, sliced on a machine he designed and patented himself. Not satisfied with selling the easiest ham to eat, Harry also smoked the highest-quality bone-in hams for hours over a special blend of hardwood chips and added a secret recipe sweet glaze to make his top-quality hams more tender and flavorful than anything else available on the market then, or today.
We’ve come a long way since our first store, but we’re still owned and operated by the Hoenselaar family (our CEO, Linda van Rees, is the granddaughter of our fearless founder), and still dedicated to the quality and innovation Harry instilled in his company from the very beginning.
Training And Support
The support you get as a HoneyBaked franchisee starts as soon as you express your interest in owning a store and continues well beyond your opening day.
Through national-caliber marketing and advertising support, a dedicated and experienced HoneyBaked Franchise Business Consultant, and access to industry conferences and ongoing training webinars, we’re behind you every step of the way.
Each of our franchisees also receives three-to-four weeks of comprehensive training, including:
- Pre-training activities and Online E-Learning
Product and business training with our Customer Support Center Staff
Hands on training at a Certified Franchise Training Store.
- Pre-opening support with your Franchise Business Consultant
- Ongoing support and training after your store is open and running
If you're interested in owning your own HoneyBaked, click to request more information today!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!