Saladworks leads the fast-casual salad space by providing fresh, made-to-order, entree-sized salads for a meal that is healthy, quickly accessible and delicious.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$415,273 - $596,455
Units in operation
Own a Saladworks Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- The original create-your-own, fast casual salad franchise.
- Provides fresh, made-to-order, entree-sized salads for a healthy, delicious, and quickly accessible meal
How does it make money?
- Sales of made-to-order entree salads
- Purchase of salads in store or for delivery
Who is it for?
- Those who are looking for a turn-key opportunity from pre-opening development to ongoing marketing support
- People with a passion for salads and living a healthier lifestyle
- Previous restaurant or franchising experience preferred
What would you do as a franchisee?
- As a franchisee you are responsible for running the business
- Hire a strong team - your managers will handle the food preparation and service.
Saladworks, the nation’s leading entrée salad destination, serves people nature’s best, one salad at a time. America’s original fast-casual salad concept, Saladworks first opened its doors in 1986 and launched its first franchised location in 2001. Today, consumers can visit Saladworks in nearly 100 different locations in thirteen states and two countries. At Saladworks, all salads are made to order, one at a time, from a wide variety of the freshest vegetables, fruits, proteins and delicious dressings. Saladworks guests can create their own salad, or enjoy one of many signature and seasonal salads, together with a selection of freshly-made sandwiches and soups.
- 1986 Saladworks opens in Cherry Hill Mall, NJ
- 2001 Saladworks begins to franchise
- 2015 Saladworks acquired by Centre Lane Capital Partners
- 2015 Saladworks launches "Saladworks Rewards" loyalty program & app
- 2016 Saladworks rebrands and celebrates 30th anniversary
- 2017 Saladworks rolls out mandatory reimage program and technology platform
- 2017 Named by Entrepreneur as one of the Top Food Franchises
- 2017 Ranked by FastCasual.com in its annual list as one of the Top 100 Movers and Shakers
- 2017 Ranked by Franchise Times as one of the Top 200 Franchises
Our support systems is what sets us apart from the others.
We will assist you with choosing a location and designing your store. We’ll also help you with lease negotiations and approve all final lease agreements. Preferred Saladworks locations include: end cap and in-line restaurants in strip centers, free-standing units, major mall food courts, transportation centers, ground floor sites in major office buildings and street-side locations with high pedestrian traffic.
Saladworks provides a four-week training and familiarization course covering all aspects of conducting business at Saladworks. This includes classroom training (Profit and Loss management, ServSafe® Certification) as well as in-store training for you and your management employees.
- Streamlined development process, proven business model and experienced executive team dedicated to Saladworks
- Access to brokers, architects, general contractors, equipment suppliers and approved vendors
- Data driven real estate analysis and support from local real estate brokers
- Site selection support
- A concept applicable to multiple venues
- Construction support and project management
- Franchisees and their managers receive 4 week training program, including in-store, hands on experience.
- Serve safe certification for store manager and employees
- Store opening support
- Innovative marketing programs and promotions
- Merchandising, point of purchase and advertising material
- Seasonal marketing campaigns
- Local store marketing and public relations support
- Cutting edge product and menu development
- Social media support
- Regular visits from Saladworks franchise Business Coaches
- Ongoing operational guidance
- Ongoing support for restaurant openings
- Ongoing support for development
- Volume-negotiated pricing for products
- Distribution procurement
- Point of Sale/Information Technology
- Franchise convention
“With people’s increased awareness of the food they’re consuming and our commitment to serving only the best and freshest ingredients, we’re in a perfect position for expansion. It’s a really exciting time to be a part of the Saladworks team. The brand as a whole has so much growth potential.” Curtis High, Multi-Unit Operator, 10 Years with Saladworks
“We don’t have a customer base like most restaurants. We have a fan base. I see customers 3 or 4 times a week! They are incredibly loyal to the brand and make Saladworks a regular part of their schedule. It’s tremendous that what we do here creates loyal, lifelong customers.” Vince Rosetti, Multi-Unit Operator, 11 Years with Saladworks
iii. “Saladworks provided the brand and business structure for us to own great restaurants. The Home Office team really gives us the opportunity to be heard. They value our insights as owner-operators who are in stores every day. They take our comments into consideration for everything from advertising to menu changes.” Lee & Tara Smith, Multi-Unit Operators, 10 Years with Saladworks
“Having been part of Saladworks for 4 years with multiple locations, I jumped at the chance to redesign my store. On the first day there was a line out the door and it hasn’t slowed down yet. I’m seeing explosive growth and couldn’t be more thrilled with the new design.” Nish Patel, Multi-Unit Operator, 4 Years with Saladworks
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!