Virgola - Oysters & Italian Wine Bar
Virgola - Oysters & Italian Wine Bar is a distinct oyster bar concept that has gained local and national media attention. Established in Manhattan's Greenwich Village, Virgola's unique menu is entirely prepared in a heat-free kitchen and features an exclusively Italian wine list highlighted by the Virgola Collection.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$154,600 - $241,500
Units in operation
The FranchiseHelp Brief
What is it?
- Upscale Italian wine bar featuring a wine list anchored by the Virgola collection
- Virgola also offers menu items of imported cheese, salumi, salads, raw oysters and caviar
How does it make money?
- Sales of fine Italian wines
- Sales of menu appetizers that accompany and complement wine choices
Who is it for?
- Sommeliers and wine enthusiasts, especially for Italian wines
- Appreciators of fine food and culture and upscale atmosphere
- Someone who can communicate well with wine lovers and upscale clientele
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Oversee daily operations of an upscale wine bar
- Interact with customers to cultivate repeat and ongoing business
- Hire sommeliers and food service personnel as needed
Virgola Oysters & Italian Wine Bar
Vacationing in a coastal town near Rome, Joseph was inspired by his first serving of oysters. Marazzo returned home determined to build a place where he could recapture his experience on the beach, even if in a dramatically different setting. He discovered and personally restored an 1800’s alley in the heart of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village, where he opened the first Virgola - Oysters & Italian Wine Bar.
Motivated by neighborhood residents’ fond memories, Joseph repurposed the cozy, six foot wide space in a way that is artistic, intimate and comfortable but still evokes the history of what was affectionately called “the alley”.
Food & Wine
Virgola's exclusively Italian wine list, including it's own private collection of wines, takes you on a tour of Italy. Affordably priced oysters, for which Virgola has become known, accompany selections of crudo, caviar and imported Italian specialties - all carefully curated and produced in a heat-free kitchen.
Initially one of Greenwich Village’s best kept secrets, Virgola's success has led Mr. Marazzo to franchise the Virgola - Oysters & Italian Wine Bar concept nationwide. Now with locations in NY, NC, FL, WI and OK, this is a great time to get in at the ground floor of what is becoming a national brand.
If you're interested in buying a franchise but are tired of seeing all of the same old cookie-cutter franchise concepts, Virgola might be a great fit for you. This is the most unique and elegant franchise in the entire industry. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please complete the form on this page and a representative from Virgola will contact you with more information.
See what Virgola - Oysters & Italian Wine Bar is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!