America’s sweet tooth is as strong as ever, and owning a dessert franchise is the best way to take advantage of that.
There are several types of dessert franchises:
- Bakeries that sell cupcakes and other baked goods.
- Ice cream and frozen yogurt shops, which dish up servings of the frozen treats, sometimes with toppings.
- Donut franchises that sell dozens of donuts in many varieties.
- Smoothie franchises, which provide healthy and delicious blended treats.
Some dessert franchises are seasonal, and most offer coffee or other beverages to add to revenue.
Like in other industries, health has become an increased concern and some franchises are offering healthy desserts or smaller portions to keep pace with the trend.
America’s sweet tooth
- A whopping 99 percent of Americans eat dessert, and 70 percent do at least once a week.
- About 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream are produced in the U.S. annually.