Best Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
Fun, creative, and delightfully healthy, frozen yogurt franchises are always an exciting option to consider. Frozen yogurt franchise opportunities represent one of the fastest-growing and most popular categories in the entire dessert industry — bar none. To get you started, we’ve listed some of the best frozen yogurt franchises below, so you can start comparing your options today.
Find more info about frozen yogurt franchises for sale in your area.
Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
As the frozen yogurt industry has matured, the leading frozen yogurt franchises have maintained growth not only by continuing to expand their footprint across the USA, but by expanding their menu offerings as well. The popular topping bar concept, for example, is becoming an industry standard, and many frozen yogurt franchises have begun to offer products such as vitamin-enriched smoothies, froyo cakes, and other similar treats.
Types of Frozen Yogurt Franchises for Sale
While the average franchise fee is only around $40,000, the total investment in the building, equipment, staff, etc. often amounts to over $100,000. Here are the types of frozen yogurt franchises that are finding success today:
- Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt: Customers apply their own toppings, and sometimes even mix their own yogurt.
- Indoor Locations: Pick up foot traffic from malls, movie theaters, high-end restaurants, etc.
- Outdoor Locations: These less-expensive frozen yogurt franchises provide outdoor tables and umbrellas so customers can enjoy their treats in fresh air.
- Mobile / Cart Frozen Yogurt: Typically the lowest-cost and most flexible option, mobile / cart-based frozen yogurt and shaved ice stores are like a modern version of the classic ice cream truck. These businesses need no retail location, and they don't rely so much on advertising to draw in the customers; instead they go to where the customer is, whether that be a playground, little league game, or other high-traffic area or event.
The Top Frozen Yogurt Franchises
- Kona Ice: Kona Ice has quickly become one of the most popular dessert franchises out there, earning our top rating because of its great combination of flexibility (it's a mobile, truck-based business), low costs (no need to build out an expensive store location), and owner success (over 75% of owners end up purchasing a second truck within 2 years).
- Farr's Fresh: This franchise provides the trifecta of frozen delectables: frozen yogurt, frozen custard, and ice cream, all in one location. The Farr's brand has a unique relationship with franchisees, as the only frozen yogurt franchise to manufacture its own products.
- 16 Handles: One of the best-recognized brands in frozen yogurt, 16 Handles offers the ultimate customization experience. Customers can fill their cup with any of the 16 flavors and load it with dozens of toppings.
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies: In a crowded dessert market, Maui Wowi stands out by offering a genuine Hawaiian escape to its customers, serving up gourmet Hawaiian coffees, smoothies, and tasty treats usually only available when vacationing on the islands.
- Ritter's Frozen Custard: While Ritter's does not sell frozen yogurt, it's just too good a brand to not make this list. Ritter's Frozen Custard is among the most popular frozen custard and ice cream franchises in the country.
|Ritters Frozen Custard||$500,000|
What Are The Best Business Opportunities You Can Open Right Now?
When you should open your business is just as important as where you open it. Here are several resources and a spark of hope around starting a franchise in a down economy.
Franchise Disclosure Documents For Dummies – Part 1
To begin my new weekly column for FranchiseHelp.com I will be writing a series of articles covering some basics and need-to-know information for each of the twenty-three Items of the Franchise Disclosure Document (“FDD”). I will try to be as non-technical as possible, and will try to provide insight and information that is useful for both franchisors and prospective franchisees. Nine weeks from now, you may have a slightly better understanding of the core elements of the FDD.
The Franchisee Bill of Rights
On the subject of “fairness” in franchising, we will try to separate the optimists from the pessimists . Hopefully, we will make an optimist out of even the most cynical readers amongst us.