Best Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
Fun, creative, and delightfully healthy, frozen yogurt franchises are always an exciting option to consider. Frozen yogurt franchise opportunities represent one of the fastest-growing and most popular categories in the entire dessert industry — bar none. To get you started, we’ve listed some of the best frozen yogurt franchises below, so you can start comparing your options today.
Find more info about frozen yogurt franchises for sale in your area.
Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
As the frozen yogurt industry has matured, the leading frozen yogurt franchises have maintained growth not only by continuing to expand their footprint across the USA, but by expanding their menu offerings as well. The popular topping bar concept, for example, is becoming an industry standard, and many frozen yogurt franchises have begun to offer products such as vitamin-enriched smoothies, froyo cakes, and other similar treats.
Types of Frozen Yogurt Franchises for Sale
While the average franchise fee is only around $40,000, the total investment in the building, equipment, staff, etc. often amounts to over $100,000. Here are the types of frozen yogurt franchises that are finding success today:
- Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt: Customers apply their own toppings, and sometimes even mix their own yogurt.
- Indoor Locations: Pick up foot traffic from malls, movie theaters, high-end restaurants, etc.
- Outdoor Locations: These less-expensive frozen yogurt franchises provide outdoor tables and umbrellas so customers can enjoy their treats in fresh air.
- Mobile / Cart Frozen Yogurt: Typically the lowest-cost and most flexible option, mobile / cart-based frozen yogurt and shaved ice stores are like a modern version of the classic ice cream truck. These businesses need no retail location, and they don't rely so much on advertising to draw in the customers; instead they go to where the customer is, whether that be a playground, little league game, or other high-traffic area or event.
The Top Frozen Yogurt Franchises
- Kona Ice: Kona Ice has quickly become one of the most popular dessert franchises out there, earning our top rating because of its great combination of flexibility (it's a mobile, truck-based business), low costs (no need to build out an expensive store location), and owner success (over 75% of owners end up purchasing a second truck within 2 years).
- Farr's Fresh: This franchise provides the trifecta of frozen delectables: frozen yogurt, frozen custard, and ice cream, all in one location. The Farr's brand has a unique relationship with franchisees, as the only frozen yogurt franchise to manufacture its own products.
- 16 Handles: One of the best-recognized brands in frozen yogurt, 16 Handles offers the ultimate customization experience. Customers can fill their cup with any of the 16 flavors and load it with dozens of toppings.
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies: In a crowded dessert market, Maui Wowi stands out by offering a genuine Hawaiian escape to its customers, serving up gourmet Hawaiian coffees, smoothies, and tasty treats usually only available when vacationing on the islands.
- Ritter's Frozen Custard: While Ritter's does not sell frozen yogurt, it's just too good a brand to not make this list. Ritter's Frozen Custard is among the most popular frozen custard and ice cream franchises in the country.
|Ritters Frozen Custard||$500,000|
7 Options for Financing When Buying a Franchise
The primary difference between equity financing and debt financing is that with debt financing, you will have an obligation to pay back the borrowed sum at a stated interest rate, but you will retain control of the business; in equity financing you are giving up a part of the business to an investor or investors in exchange for their financing. The investors may claim some control of the business operations; they will also have some ownership in the assets and potentially will take a share in the earnings. You will not have a set debt obligation to repay as you would with a monthly loan payment to a bank. The investor will be taking a risk as to when and how much of the investment he or she will recoup, as well as whether there will be a return on the investment.
Franchising and the Economy Infographic
In all the talk about deficits,unemployment, and the precarious state of our nation's economy, one of America's most powerful engines for recovery is often (and foolishly) excluded from the conversation -- a classic case of missing what's right under our nose. Developed and perfected right here in the U.S., the franchise business model represents the ideal blend of national heft and local business, accounting for hundreds of thousands of stores, millions of jobs, and billions in annual output.
Franchise Buying Tips: Purchase Without Passion
Yet that is exactly what most franchisees do. It's good to be enthusiastic about your future business plans. It's bad to fall in love with the deal and let your emotions take the lead. Think that won't happen to you? If you talk to a hundred franchisees you will find that few knew exactly what they were getting into. Most are sensible people with plenty of information who selectively twisted the facts to support an emotional decision.