Best Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
Fun, creative, and delightfully healthy, frozen yogurt franchises are always an exciting option to consider. Frozen yogurt franchise opportunities represent one of the fastest-growing and most popular categories in the entire dessert industry — bar none. To get you started, we’ve listed some of the best frozen yogurt franchises below, so you can start comparing your options today.
Find more info about frozen yogurt franchises for sale in your area.
Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunities in the USA
As the frozen yogurt industry has matured, the leading frozen yogurt franchises have maintained growth not only by continuing to expand their footprint across the USA, but by expanding their menu offerings as well. The popular topping bar concept, for example, is becoming an industry standard, and many frozen yogurt franchises have begun to offer products such as vitamin-enriched smoothies, froyo cakes, and other similar treats.
Types of Frozen Yogurt Franchises for Sale
While the average franchise fee is only around $40,000, the total investment in the building, equipment, staff, etc. often amounts to over $100,000. Here are the types of frozen yogurt franchises that are finding success today:
- Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt: Customers apply their own toppings, and sometimes even mix their own yogurt.
- Indoor Locations: Pick up foot traffic from malls, movie theaters, high-end restaurants, etc.
- Outdoor Locations: These less-expensive frozen yogurt franchises provide outdoor tables and umbrellas so customers can enjoy their treats in fresh air.
- Mobile / Cart Frozen Yogurt: Typically the lowest-cost and most flexible option, mobile / cart-based frozen yogurt and shaved ice stores are like a modern version of the classic ice cream truck. These businesses need no retail location, and they don't rely so much on advertising to draw in the customers; instead they go to where the customer is, whether that be a playground, little league game, or other high-traffic area or event.
The Top Frozen Yogurt Franchises
- Kona Ice: Kona Ice has quickly become one of the most popular dessert franchises out there, earning our top rating because of its great combination of flexibility (it's a mobile, truck-based business), low costs (no need to build out an expensive store location), and owner success (over 75% of owners end up purchasing a second truck within 2 years).
- Farr's Fresh: This franchise provides the trifecta of frozen delectables: frozen yogurt, frozen custard, and ice cream, all in one location. The Farr's brand has a unique relationship with franchisees, as the only frozen yogurt franchise to manufacture its own products.
- 16 Handles: One of the best-recognized brands in frozen yogurt, 16 Handles offers the ultimate customization experience. Customers can fill their cup with any of the 16 flavors and load it with dozens of toppings.
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies: In a crowded dessert market, Maui Wowi stands out by offering a genuine Hawaiian escape to its customers, serving up gourmet Hawaiian coffees, smoothies, and tasty treats usually only available when vacationing on the islands.
- Ritter's Frozen Custard: While Ritter's does not sell frozen yogurt, it's just too good a brand to not make this list. Ritter's Frozen Custard is among the most popular frozen custard and ice cream franchises in the country.
|Ritters Frozen Custard||$500,000|
Before Buying a Franchise Identify Your TRUE Investment
Your approach as a potential franchise buyer is to identify the real investment dollars you’ll need to get the franchise to profitability. The initial source of this information is Item 7 in the FDD. Item 7 is a schedule that details the estimated investment in the franchise. This schedule includes the cost of various items, including: the initial franchise fee, training related expenses, rent, insurance, professional fees for legal and accounting services, supplies, equipment, licenses and permits and additional working capital. Depending upon the specific franchise, there may be added categories. When reviewing the Item 7 schedule it’s important to know that franchisors are not required to list every type of fee or expense that might be part of the investment in the franchise but rather the likely investment needed to start the franchise. As you work to establish your investment number keep in mind the words “estimated” and “typical.” Item 7 is a guide, and as such, you should use this information accordingly.
1-800-JUNK-USA Acquires College Hunks Hauling Junk Franchise
Looks like the College Hunks are graduating to the Penthouse.
Get Your Franchise Audits and FDDs Done Early for Renewal Season
Renewal season means different things for different people. Here are a few important tips to keep in mind: