Find the perfect
Find the perfect
franchise you can open
Take our quiz to see a personalized list of local franchise opportunities.
Huntington Learning Center
Huntington Learning Center is one of the largest brands in children's supplemental education with close to five decades of industry-leading experience. Consistently recognized by reputable organizations like Entrepreneur and Franchise Times as a top franchise brand, Huntington offers franchisees high profitability potential from multiple revenue streams (K-12 tutoring and test prep). Inquire today to join Huntington franchise!
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$154,063 - $264,028
Units in operation
Own a Huntington Learning Center Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- One of the largest brands in children's education with close to five decades of industry-leading experience
- Offers personalized tutoring and test prep programs with proven results
- Trusted leader in the tutoring industry and consistently recognized by reputable organizations like Entrepreneur, Franchise Times and Franchise Business Review as a top franchise brand
- Offers dedicated support teams devoted to success and ongoing support through turnkey programs to help you manage one or multiple centers
How does it make money?
- Mission-driven company with multiple revenue lines (K-12 tutoring and test prep) through online, in-center or hybrid tutoring sessions
- Parents pay for personalized tutoring sessions or test prep programs
- Huntington partners with private and public schools to help optimize federal grant spending on high dosage tutoring
- Our professional call center ensures that franchisees will never miss the opportunity to help a student and grow their business
- For the franchise owners who do not want to be active in acquiring students, our virtual conferencing team can do this on the franchisee’s behalf for an added fee
- Our Educational Development Team researches and develops programs that ensure each student gets the best education possible
Who is it for?
- Anyone with a passion for education and a strong desire to bridge the learning gaps for students
- Someone with excellent communication and people-management skill sets
- A proven leader with the ability to manage a team and instill continued motivation
- Someone comfortable in a community-based, professional business
- Someone who thrives in customer service and willing to be part of and follow a proven system
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Hire, train, and manage the necessary teaching staff to successfully tutor students in all areas of academics
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the franchise including finance, marketing, and management
- Network and market within your community to grow the Huntington Learning Center brand
Huntington Learning Center
Benefit from Close to Five Decades of Proven Experience from the Tutoring Industry Pioneer
Founded in 1977 by Ray and Eileen Huntington, Huntington Learning Center offers individualized in-person and online tutoring programs for K-12 students nationwide. Our founders pioneered the tutoring industry and created a business model that’s more relevant than ever before.
With approximately 300 locations across the country, Huntington’s business model is based on two key pillars: helping students achieve world-class results and maximizing franchisee profitability. Our dedication to these two areas is what has led Huntington Learning Center to its position as the top-performing franchise business in the tutoring industry. At Huntington Learning Center, our primary goal is to give every student the best education possible - and we’re proud to say that since 1977, we’ve helped over a million students gain the confidence and skills that they need to do well in school.
With just 50 hours of tutoring, our students show an average increase of over two grade levels in reading and math, and our test prep students see an average increase of 5.4 points on the ACT and 229 points on the SAT. Each of our students receives, on average, $71,000 worth of scholarship offers each year - that’s over $187 million in scholarship offers collectively.
With proven results, Huntington continues to be a profitable business concept as more and more parents trust Huntington to help provide supplemental education to their children. In 2022, our franchisees earned 34% more than our closest competitor*.
Why a Tutoring Franchise?
- The tutoring industry shows no signs of slowing down. Already a $5 billion industry, the tutoring industry is projected to grow to nearly $16 billion by 2027 according to Grand View Research.
- As learning gaps broaden in the education sector, Huntington Learning Centers’ tutoring services will be more in-demand as parents need support in building their children’s confidence and skill sets in key subjects like math, writing, reading, and science.
How do I learn?
Through world-class training and support along with the Huntington Advantage.
- Dedicated business consultant devoted to your success
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training offered online and in-person
- Virtual conference services
- Live franchisee support desk
- Customer Engagement Center (Call Center)
- Technology – Our proprietary software gives you the ability to manage your center from anywhere in the world and tracks inquiries, student hours & progress, billing, payments, schedules, test results, prescriptions and more
Training and Support
There’s a reason why our centers outperform the competition: our franchise owners receive industry-leading training and support that far exceeds what is offered by the rest of the industry. Huntington Learning Center is serious about training and ongoing support. Our brand is constantly investing in improvements in technology, operations, curriculum, and overall support to help our franchise owners run profitable businesses that grow over the long term. This is what you can expect from us when you become a Huntington Learning Center franchise owner:
- World-class training and support
- Site selection assistance
- Comprehensive marketing support
- Ongoing coaching
- Professional call center support
- Virtual conferencing
- Technology and technical support
Why a Huntington Learning Center Franchise?
The Huntington system is designed to support you as a franchisee, and help you achieve your goals.
- Over 34% higher than the closest competitor* and revenue over 49% higher than the closest competitor**
- Mission-driven company with multiple revenue lines
- Dedicated support team devoted to your success
- Ongoing Support through turnkey programs to help you manage one center or multiple centers
- Already a $5 billion industry, the tutoring industry is projected to grow to nearly $16 billion by 2027 according to Grand View Research
As a Huntington franchisee, you will inherit our reputation for excellence, and be recognized in your community as an industry pioneer and a premier brand of tutoring services.
Our tutoring services cover a wide range of academic programs:
- Tutoring in reading, math, study skills, writing, phonics, spelling, and related areas
- Test Prep for ACT, SAT, and state and standardized exams
- Subject Tutoring for specific subjects, such as Algebra, Geometry, Physics, Calculus, and Spanish
- Homework Help to support students while they complete their homework
- Study Hall in our facility, while students conduct online schoolwork
*Data are based on each company’s Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) for all franchise centers open in 2019, except for Kumon, which are for centers open at least three years; and Sylvan, which are for centers open at least 24 months. Kumon reports in its 2021 FDD that its average franchised center open at least 36 months had 150 subject-students. We estimate a subject-student’s monthly fee from our web search of the phrase ‘How much does a parent pay Kumon’. We used the average of the high estimates, $145 per month per single subject. We estimated the registration fee of $50 and materials fee of $30 from this web search; and we estimate that half of a center’s enrollees pay these fees.
Reach Out for More Information Today!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!