Hyatt Hotel Corporation is a worldwide hospitality company that oversees over a dozen brands, such as the luxury hotels Park Hyatt and Andaz, the upscale Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency, various high-end boutique hotels under the Alila, Destination, Joie de Vivre, Thompson, and Tommie brands, and others. Overall, Hyatt’s portfolio contains over 800 properties in more than 50 countries across the globe. Hyatt’s major strategic push in recent years has been toward an “asset light” approach of franchising or managing hotels rather than owning the buildings and underlying real estate directly. This means that Hyatt’s success is increasingly dependent on its ability to effectively support its local franchisees and hotel developers through an advanced technology suite, differentiated customer loyalty program, strong brand recognition, and pricing power in working with booking partners as well as in the sourcing of food and beverage supplies.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
$13,645,000 - $22,012,500
Units in operation
Significant hotel development and management experience are required to become a Hyatt Place franchisee. As the brand continues to expand, opportunities to become a franchisee are plentiful for the right candidates.
Hyatt Place Franchise Opportunities - History
Jay Pritzker founded Hyatt in 1957 when he purchased his first hotel near the Los Angeles International Airport. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked together over the following decade and grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership corporation. It became a public company in 1962, and in 1969, opened its first hotel outside of the United States in Hong Kong. Hyatt continued to develop and expand over the years, opening new properties that catered to a variety of guests from affordable to luxury. By 2015, the company’s portfolio contained over 580 locations across the globe, a number that is still currently advancing. Today there are more than 719 total Hyatt locations, including 527 U.S. locations and 192 international locations.
Hyatt Place Franchise Cost / Initial Investment / Hyatt Place Franchise Income
Opening a Hyatt Place hotel costs $44,323,500 to $153,723,000.
Hyatt Place Business Opportunities: Other Information
Hyatt Place has other special amenities like self check-in kiosks in its lobby. Other accommodations like the fitness center and small meeting rooms for those doing work are available 24 hours per day to correspond with a diverse range of guest schedules. Food is also a top consideration. Hyatt Place believes guests should not have to leave to get a good meal. Food is available in the café, a guest kitchen (open 24 hours a day), or a “grab ‘n go” case with packaged sandwiches and salads. Complimentary breakfast is another perk that guests can enjoy.
The Hyatt Hotel Portfolio
Hyatt owns a global portfolio of hotel brands, including:
- Park Hyatt: residential-inspired luxury experiences in top-tier cultural destinations; 39 open hotels across 23 countries.
- Grand Hyatt: elevated and upscale services in iconic destinations; 53 open hotels across 22 countries.
- Andaz: vibrant boutique hotels and resorts that act as social anchors in their communities; 19 open hotels across 12 cities.
- Hyatt Regency: hotels designed and operated with the business traveler in mind; 195 open hotels across 175 cities.
- Hyatt Centric: boutique lifestyle hotels that allow guests to discover popular and urban resort destinations around the world; 27 open hotels across 26 cities.
- The Unbound Collection by Hyatt: exclusive portfolio of upper-upscale properties designed to captivate travelers seeking distinctive experiences with the reassurance of Hyatt; 16 open hotels across 16 cities.
- Hyatt House: select service hotels with a global footprint in urban, airport and college campus destinations; 95 open hotels across 86 cities.
- Hyatt Place: select service and exceptional performance through a unique service model that Hyatt continues to evolve and enhance based on customer and owner insights; 338 open hotels across 273 cities.
- Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara: all-inclusive resorts, each of which is designed to deliver exceptional performance in a growing market; 6 open hotels across 6 cities.
- Miraval: top-rated, all-inclusive destination resort and spa catering to high net worth individuals; 2 open locations across 3 cities.
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!