Kinderdance is the original Developmental Dance, Motor Skills, Gymnastics, Music and Fitness Program, blended with academics, specifically designed for boys and girls ages 2 to 12. When founder Carol Kay Harsell's dance studio tripled in size in a matter of months, she wondered why her preschool dance program enrollment wasn't growing as well. After discussing the matter with CFO Bernard Friedman, Harsell realized the problem was that many young children were in child-care centers and preschools. When Friedman suggested they take their program to where the children were, the concept for Kinderdance International was born.
Full Franchise Information
The franchisor is Kinderdance International, Inc., an Arizona corporation, incorporated in 1982. The Kinderdance franchise provides dance and motor development programs for children. The four Kinderdance programs are:
- Kinderdance – is the leading program, designed for 3-5 year olds. Ballet, Tap, Acrobatics, and Creative Dance is taught, which is blended with numbers, colors, shapes and words. The three-year developmental program is designed to meet the needs of daycare centers, nursery schools and other similar operations.
- Kindercombo -- is designed for 6-8 year olds. Beginning Ballet and Tap dance is the foundation of this program, stressing poise, grace, balance, flexibility, strength, rhythm and knowledge of terminology.
- Kindergym -- is designed for 3-5 year olds and involves floor gymnastics.
- Kindertot -- is a Pre-Kinderdance program for two year olds. Pre-Ballet, Tap and Acrobatics readiness skills are taught with music and songs.
Three different franchise programs are offered:
- Bronze – the franchise is limited to 6 locations in a non-exclusive area and does not allow for hiring and training teachers.
- Silver – the franchise is limited to 12 locations in a non-exclusive area.
- Gold – the franchise is awarded an exclusive operating area with unlimited locations within the exclusive area.
The franchise fees for each franchise program differs (the Gold program has the highest fee, and the Bronze program has the lowest).