Kumon Math & Reading Centers
Kumon is the world's largest after school learning program with an emphasis on math and reading. We focus on franchisees with a passion for education and a minimum of a four year college degree. You must be available to run your center day-to-day (no absentee owners).
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$69,428 - $140,626
Eligibility criteria: Please note, to be a Kumon Franchise owner you must have a 4-year college degree, proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency and be available to run your center day-to-day (no absentee owners).
What is Kumon?
Kumon is the world’s largest afterschool learning program , designed to give kids an academic advantage. It’s difference to other learning programs lies in the fact that Kumon goes far beyond tutoring by enabling kids to develop critical thinking skills and mindset to learn new materials independently. With the Kumon Program and the individualized instructions, kids progress on their own pace, and only when they have mastered the task at hand. For kids, this translates into results that go far beyond school. Based upon review of other education franchises information on Entrepreneur.com
Top publications agree – Kumon consistently leads the way in growth and support
It is well known that leaving a full-time job and hitting the restart button on your career to open a new business is a huge commitment. But Kumon’s consistently high industry rankings mean you can partner with Kumon and take that step with confidence.
Are you the ideal candidate for opening a Kumon Center?
In order to be eligible to open a Kumon Center, the ideal candidate would need to posses:
- A passion for and dedication to education and working with children
- Four-year college degree required (teaching background helpful, but not essential)
- Required capital needed to establish and develop a Kumon Math and Reading Center
- The ability to create and manage a center that effectively motivates children in the Kumon Learning Method and an interest in and commitment to helping children in your community
- The ability to deliver an excellent customer experience while maintaining dedication to Kumon’s core values
- A good understanding of your area of opportunity and strong ties to the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A full-time commitment to Kumon — an average of six to eight hours per business day, 40 hours per week.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident (Green Card)
Testimonials from Kumon’s Owners
“One of the best parts of my job is watching children develop that love of learning” - Meela
“It is a lot of work, but trust me, you will enjoy it, and you will know that you are doing something great for the society” - LaTonya
“Since I didn’t want to start from scratch, being part of a larger organization gave me the support that I needed” - Craig
"It’s a great company, its satisfying because you are developing great students, and someone who believes that every child has a potential, will do great” - Hina
“If you make the investment upfront, and you are patient, and you make your inroads in the community, and you build your enrollments, you absolutely can make a very fine living as a Kumon Instructor” - John
See what Kumon Math & Reading Centers is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!