Modern Acupuncture delivers affordable acupuncture in high traffic retail shopping centers with convenient hours including nights and weekends. They use a membership model with minimal staff needed, no insurance to chase, and little inventory to track.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
$274,597 - $625,472
Own a Modern Acupuncture Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- An affordable acupuncture in first-class high traffic retail shopping centers with convenient hours including nights and weekends.
How does it make money?
- Offer traditional and cosmetic acupuncture services
Who is it for?
- Driven entrepreneurs who want a proven business model
- People who want to operate a business during convenient hours
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Manage a team of 5-6 employees offering acupuncture services
- Attend training sessions to better equip yourself with the skills and network to run the franchise
Acupuncture - What it's all about?
- DEFINITION: Acupuncture involves the insertion of extremely thin needles through your skin at strategic points on your body.
- HISTORY: Acupuncture is believed to have originated around 100 BC in China, around the time The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine (Huangdi Neijing) was published.
- PURPOSE: Acupuncture is used mainly to relieve discomfort associated with a variety of diseases and conditions.
The Modern Acupuncture mission is: To Make Your Life Better. A mission we do not take lightly.
We have a 20+ year track record of creating sustainable brands backed by operating systems that result in loyal and successful franchisees. Our approach to acupuncture is simple and innovative.
We deliver affordable acupuncture in first-class high traffic retail shopping centers with convenient hours including nights and weekends.
We offer the consumer an unmatched acupuncture experience and value proposition that is superior to the competition. Modern Acupuncture was designed based on consumer wants/needs, offer acupuncture services to the general public.
Each nationwide location offers the natural health benefits of acupuncture in highly accessible locations; you’ll find us next to your favorite grocer. Our retreat like setting allows you to relax and escape from your day, while experiencing the healing benefits of acupuncture. With hours convenient to a busy schedule and prices that afford patients the care they need, Modern Acupuncture is a business model that appeals to everybody.
- Proven membership model - predictable recurring monthly revenue which drives business and scales efficiently
- Minimal staff needed - 5-6 employees for a new unit making the labor model simple and easy to manage
- Digital web based patient files - web-based cloud platform for online bookings and effective franchise marketing systems
- No insurance - or accounts receivables to chase
- Minimal - to no non-perishable inventory to track
- Convenient hours of operation - including nights and weekends creating an excellent lifestyle and absentee owned franchise system
- User friendly software - designed to be simple with automated monthly billing making management and operating responsibilities simple and easy to manage
Industry Statistics that Make Sense
Industry statistics and data on acupuncture is inconsistent, under-reported, and typically grouped into the general category with other alternative health care related professions including vitamins and supplements.
- Thousands of acupuncturists graduate from college annually seeking employment.
- There are over 50 acupuncture colleges in United States which is greater than the amount of acupuncture colleges in China.
- There are approximately 32,000 to 35,000 licensed acupuncturists in the United States. Industry experts project that there are thousands of acupuncturists that have allowed their license to expire due to the difficulty of finding gainful employment. We believe the national development and job opportunities created by Modern Acupuncture will motivate many of them to return to their trained profession.
- The median annual salary of an acupuncturist (1-4 year’s experience) is $45,000 according to Payscales Real Time Salary.
- The Mayo Clinic has adopted the practice of acupuncture nationwide.
- The US Military is regularly using acupuncture to treat PTSD and chronic pain.
- Due to the profession being un-organized and fragmented, acupuncture has failed to penetrate major markets such as chronic pain, depression, cosmetic, and wellness. The proven results of acupuncture care in these markets yield a huge opportunity.
- LOCATION BUILD OUT - You can count on our expertise to guide you through everything from choosing a prime location, negotiating your lease, to the entire build-out process. We have one vendor to purchase all of your location’s equipment and millwork, which helps you open sooner.
- MARKETING - Marketing is essential to driving customer traffic and creating brand awareness. Our marketing, public relations and design teams work together with you to develop traffic-building local and national promotions.
- TRAINING - Vital to the operation of any Modern Acupuncture locations, our comprehensive franchise training includes: Hiring, client acquisition, marketing, business software, operations, financial modeling and key performance indicator tracking. You’ll leave our training well prepared and ready for ramp-up. We will also support your grand opening and provide on-boarding training you can offer all your employees, including Patient Health Information (PHI), OSHA required training, and position specific topics.
- OPERATIONS - Our operations team serves as the primary support to our franchise community. From answering day-to-day questions to the execution of promotions, the operations team provides a wealth of knowledge and un-ending support, whenever you need us.
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!