The Joint Chiropractic is the country's largest network of chiropractic clinics (no medical or chiropractic experience required to franchise). Convenient drop-in hours, a national brand, and a gym-style membership model produce consistent revenues and eliminate the burden and cost of insurance paperwork.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$181,250 - $341,050
Own a The Joint Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- The nation's largest network of chiropractic clinics, delivering a consistent experience and affordable care through locally owned and operated offices
- No medical or chiropractic experience required to franchise with The Joint
- Uses a no-appointment membership-based model and convenient hours to give clients easy-to-manage options
- FranchiseHelp Top 20 Franchise award winner in 2019
How does it make money?
- Clients pay out-of-pocket for chiropractic care, starting at $39 per visit
- Clients also can purchase recurring monthly membership fees
Who is it for?
- Chiropractors seeking an easy-to-operate business with a national brand and without insurance paperwork
- Non-chiropractors who are enthusiastic about the growth of chiropractic care
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Promote your clinic to the local community
- Hire chiropractors to staff your clinic
- Manage daily operations of a high-traffic, drop-in chiropractic office
The Joint Chiropractic Franchise
The Joint Chiropractic franchise is ushering in a new era of mainstream credibility to the $14 billion chiropractic industry*. Founded in 1999 with a mission to improve the quality of life through routine and affordable chiropractic care, The Joint has grown to over 400 clinics across 30 states in 2018. By opting out of the tedious and frustrating insurance industry, the nation’s fastest-growing chiropractic franchise has successfully introduced the benefits of chiropractic care to the 21st century consumer, who desires fast, affordable and quality care on their own terms.
The Joint is radically different from a traditional chiropractic clinic. There are no appointments, no insurance co-pays and no hard-to-find locations tucked away in places that consumers never visit. The Joint clinics are easily found in busy shopping centers and exist side-by-side with coffee shops, supermarkets, hair salons and restaurants. Customers can sign up for gym-style memberships that vary in both price and frequency of visits, depending on their pain and budgets, or they can walk right in and be treated in a matter of minutes. The Joint is also open evenings and weekends, allowing our customers to visit us on their way home from work or before a night out with their families.
Our Business Model
Rather than chase after insurance payments, our franchise owners can focus on taking care of patients. Because our services are limited to basic spinal adjustments, our model requires fewer employees, while offering a strong cash flow and earnings potential. Our no-appointments policy allows greater patient access, higher patient counts and a stronger referral base. The fact that The Joint clinics are built in a retail setting and are buoyed by strong integrated marketing support helps maximize exposure and traffic for our franchise owners’ clinics.
Top Reasons to Join The Joint Chiropractic
Easy to build/Quick to open
- Simple construction and build outs with a small footprint
- Easy approvals for real estate
- Approachable buildout that is consumer-friendly
A simple operating model
- Minimal employees (3-4) at initial opening/launch
- Primary employee responsible for the execution of the business model is a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic — a highly educated professional who has invested upwards of $200,000 in eight years of post-secondary education
- A stable workforce. No need for large numbers of specialized employees outside of the primary chiropractor
- No inventory required for the execution of ongoing operations
- Electronic patient management and records, streamlining operations and facilitating patients’ ability to visit clinics across the U.S.
- The Joint’s ratio of average or expected sales vs. capital invested is outstanding and compares favorably to many other franchises you may be considering
- Easy to scale up to multiple units
- Most expenses required to sustain ongoing operations of the business model are fixed. The model is service-based, with little to no cost of goods sold. The lack of insurance administration means the chiropractor has the capacity to treat more patients. This allows economies of scale to prevail once gross revenues exceed expenses, yielding significant incremental profitability
"I can leave the office now. I don’t have to be there all of the time because I am no longer a one man show. I have a whole team of people getting Memphis better and I allows me to go home spend a little more time with my family. " - Pat Kolwaite, owner of three franchise locations with The Joint in Memphis, Tennessee
“As soon as I left The Joint, I immediately wanted to invest in The Joint. I was looking at franchising with Jimmy John’s, but after experiencing The Joint and speaking to their executive team, I knew that this was a business where I could do something positive for my community. The support of the executive team has been phenomenal. They have helped with site selection and provided a lot of guidance as to how to hire the right chiropractor. We’ve been successful without even having to market ourselves very much — people see our clinics next to their favorite stores or restaurants, and they come in curious. When they discover that we’re affordable and offer a membership model, it is very easy to win them over. Our model creates a pathway for our walk-in customers to return.” - Chris Kemper, franchisee / manager of three franchise locations with The Joint in Nashville, Tennessee
See what The Joint is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!