Zoo Health Club
Zoo Health Club franchisees profit by promoting fitness and health for people of all ages, providing a workout club atmosphere that is simultaneously family-friendly and attractive to serious athletes. Zoo Health Clubs are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer both month-to-month and 12 month memberships so that their customers can enjoy maximum flexibility.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$73,899 - $73,899
Units in operation
Own a Zoo Health Club Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- Full-service, comprehensive gym and health club for all levels
- Offers a wide range of workout options and experiences
- Emphasizes flexible programming catering to all levels and fitness and health goals
- Prioritizes fun and fitness
How does it make money?
- Customers pay fees for a range of membership options
- Extra fees paid for one-on-one trainers and/or specialized fitness classes
- Sales of fitness products and dietary supplements
Who is it for?
- People who appreciate the value of good fitness and health
- Someone who enjoys being around people and helping them improve
- Franchisees with some general fitness business knowledge
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Build or convert existing health clubs into the Zoo Health Club model
- Oversee store grand opening and market the Zoo brand in your territory
- Interact with club members, class participants and customers
- Hire and oversee health club personnel
The product of Health & Fitness is very exciting and the industry grows every year by leaps and bounds. Everyone has a favorite Zoo. For some, it's the famous Bronx Zoo in New York or the San Diego Zoo in California; for others, it's a small, nearby municipal Zoo. Regardless, Zoos are special places to which people love to return time and again.
Such is the appeal of the Zoo Health Clubs. Members love to return time and again in order to enjoy the familiarity of their Zoo, with its clean facilities, helpful staff, immaculate equipment, and friendly environment.
Since the early 1970s, Zoo Health Clubs have promoted a carefully balanced atmosphere that is both family-friendly and appealing to everyone interested in fitness. The Zoo Health Club uses only the best equipment manufacturers that produce the top of the line cardio and strength equipment. The strength equipment has full sized custom made zoo logo's that give the exercise floor that extra "bang".
The Zoo is a close-to-home, convenient, family-friendly health club open 24 hours a day 7 days a week providing the member all they need to enjoy and live the fitness lifestyle. Ask about the "Zoo Card" which offers the members both month-to-month and 12 month memberships with full access to all the amenities. Most Zoo locations offer your kids, fun in the onsite "Zoo play area." Many of our locations offer exercise on demand along with special live classes such as yoga, pilates and samba. We are proud to say that the Zoo concept works well for both the franchisee and member alike!
The appeal of a Zoo Health Club is far-reaching. Demographic studies indicate that members will routinely travel up to ten miles to attend a given location. This level of customer interest and loyalty speaks volumes of our success. Members love to return time and again in order to enjoy the familiarity of their Zoo, with its clean facilities, helpful staff, immaculate equipment, and friendly environment.
Proven System with Strong Marketing
The Zoo business model works by keeping the size of the club in the small to medium range and keeping expenses low. Our top of the line equipment combined with low monthly dues is a business model that will give you a competitive edge! Whatever the definition of success is to you, the Zoo business model can accomplish your goals. The Zoo business model can give you pride of ownership and the ability to control your own destiny.
The Zoo's unique business model benefits both the franchisee and its members
- Location, location, location! Convenient, easily accessible locations in secondary shopping centers make frequent visits routine for the entire family.
- Small- to medium-size locations limit lease costs and ensure a friendly, community-like environment.
- Low monthly fees attract and retain members.
- Top-of-the-line equipment offers a competitive edge and keeps members challenged.
- A variety of special products and services help increase revenue.
Franchisees receive expert assistance in site identification, lease negotiation, budgeting, marketing and promotion, equipment procurement, insurance needs, and more.
Such experience will shorten your learning curve; however, it is not necessary for success. The Zoo's founders and leaders have much experience in the fitness franchising industry. The sum of their expertise is made available to new franchise owners through a comprehensive, 3-5 day training program aptly named Zoo University.
The Zoo University curriculum includes:
- Marketing and advertising
- Business operating procedures
- Effective development of revenue sources
- Membership promotion and sales
- New member prospecting tools and resources
- Equipment operation and safety
Subsequently, franchisees receive continued support in the form of training manuals, conference calls, emails, and on-site assistance.
Learn More Today!
If you're interested in learning more about the Zoo Health Club franchise system, fill out the Request More Information form so that we can provide you with additional free information and start the conversation!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!