The Franchise that can solve your Valentine's Day Woes
Cracking your head over what to get your significant other this valentine’s? Fret not! Edible Arrangements provides you the perfect last-minute solution for valentine’s day gift buying. They are a franchise-based business specialising in fresh fruit arrangement, allowing for a marriage between the concept of fruit baskets and flower arrangement designs. Their products are made fresh daily, hence you have no excuse for needing to get your Valentine’s day gift way in advance, lest you want to send a bouquet of stale fruits. If you’re still clueless on what to get, Edible Arrangements offers options such as sculpted fruit floral arrangements, gift baskets made with fresh fruit, smoothies, yogurt and more fruit-related products!
But, what’s more exciting that buying an edible arrangement, is buying the Edible Arrangements franchise! Owners earn a whopping $72,000 annually, which averages out to be $35 per hour - 18% higher than the national average for all franchise owners. If you are convinced by the products that they are selling and would want a part in this, we consolidated a couple of facts about Edible Arrangement franchises below:
- Started by Tariq Farid at 17, when he borrowed $5,000 from his parents to buy a flower shop in East Haven, Connecticut, and developed it to 4 flourishing stores within 2 years. Just 7 years later, he launched edible bouquets made up of fresh fruits.
- Relatively low initial franchise fee of $30,000
- Over $497,000 in Average Gross Sales
- 1,200+ Locations worldwide 1,191 stores in the U.S. & 62 International stores
- Over 15% new store growth in the past 3 years
- Operate at street-level retail in shopping centres, downtown commercial and suburban areas
- Customers receive their products by either self pick-up, or delivery by the franchisees
- Net Worth Requirement: $250,000
- One of America’s fastest growing privately held businesses in America by Inc. Magazine
- One of the top franchise systems in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500
- An innovator in the gifting industry, estimated at over $20 billion in the US alone
- 82% brand recognition fueled by national TV & digital marketing in the U.S. & Canada
If you are still unsure what is the best franchise for you to invest in - Edible Arrangements or not, you should check out our franchise matching quiz here. We’ve got thousands of franchises that could give you a better idea as to what kind of business you should start this year.
Rachael Annabelle is the Marketing Analyst at FranchiseHelp. Her dream Edible Arrangement has plenty of dark chocolates and ice cream in it.
Choosing a Service Franchise or a Product Franchise
Most of the franchises offering Product oriented goods have very stringent rules. Since their brand is associated with a tangible good they must guarantee the desired quality from the consumer’s expectation. Franchisees must purchase the goods from a designated supplier and must keep items in their inventory as suggested by the franchisor. This can be company regulated policies or simply to help the franchisor launch some of their new products.
Why More Men are Investing in Women’s Gyms
FranchiseHelp sat down with the next generation of that fitness legacy, Lucille Roberts President Kevin Roberts. Kevin discusses his mothers impact on the company and why the women's fitness niche continues to grow at a rapid pace. Kevin also gives insight on what it takes to be a good candidate to own a Lucille Roberts Women's Fitness gym franchise.
The Co-branding Franchise Trend
Borrowed from the brand management term “Co-branding,” this technique has been used for numerous brands to complement each other.