Batteries Plus Bulbs
Batteries Plus is providing thousands of batteries and light bulbs for thousands of items, serving both retail and commercial customers. Batteries Plus is a unique turn-key opportunity in this growth industry not yet saturated with competitors.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$208,450 - $385,750
Units in operation
Batteries Plus Bulbs was founded in 1988 as Batteries Plus, with our first store opening in Green Bay, WI. In 1992, we began franchising and opened our first franchise location in Fort Wayne, IN. In 2010, we refined the model of the all-battery franchise concept by adding thousands of light bulbs to our product line. Today Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's largest and fastest- growing battery & light bulb franchise and has become the uncontested leader in the battery and light bulb markets, differentiated by superior knowledge, product availability and expertise. Our franchise opportunity offers being part of a concept based on fundamental needs and is anchored on providing expert knowledge and service to both retail and business customers.
With over 25 years of experience, 25 consecutive years of system sales and same-store sales growth and 625+ locations in 47 states, Batteries Plus Bulbs has the expertise to help you start your business and live the life you’ve dreamed of.
Consider the Facts
- 30.7 Billion dollar battery industry and 17+ billion US light bulb replacement market
- Technology and lifestyle demands for portability continue to rapidly expand
- Unique retail and business-to-business opportunity – repeat customers
- In-store technical center provides custom battery replacement opportunities
- Now offering smartphone and tablet repairs for screens, buttons, and more
- Every Batteries Plus Bulbs store benefits from 5 revenue streams
- Ranked top in category by Entrepreneur® Magazinefor 5 consecutive years
- Ranked #4 Best Franchise in America by Forbes® Magazine (mid-range investment category)
- Fragmented Industry
- No National Competitors
- National Account Sales Program
- Provide Standardized Pricing to National Customers
- On-line Order Capabilities
Batteries Plus Bulbs Support Network:
- Real Estate & Store Design
- Extensive Training (3 weeks Corporate/2 weeks in Field)
- Tri-Star Commercial Sales
- Tech Center
- On-going field support – 3 visits in the first year
- Marketing, Media planning and Advertising services
- In-House Marketing and Design team
- Category Management
- Product Call Center
- POS System
- Quality Assurance & Technical Support
- Intranet Site
Batteries Plus Bulbs Target Markets:
- 50,000-100,000 population (200,000 in Major Metros)
- Minimum 3,000 businesses (excluding retail establishments) available to support commercial business
Leading Reasons Batteries Plus Bulbs is a Top Franchise to Consider:
- Tri-Star Commercial Sales
- Tech Center
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to work in an exciting atmosphere with endless sales opportunities. As a Batteries Plus Bulbs franchise owner, you'll have access to over 45,000 batteries, light bulbs and related products to satisfy the power demands of both retail and businesscustomers.
Driven by the growing demand for batteries and light bulbs, our franchise has a strong earnings potential.
In 2013, our average net sales for the top 25% of our stores was $1,357,758 and we experienced an overall increase of 10.5 percent in all store net sales. During the past three years, our store count has grown by 36 percent due to opening 164 new stores*. Our same store net revenue increase average was 7.3 percent during this same three year span. We're a steady growing business, offering one of the most attractive franchise opportunities on the market.
Net sales average of $1,357,758 is based on the net sales average for the 136 stores that represent the top 25% of all 545 stores open during the entire 2013 calendar year. Of those 136 stores, 48 stores (or 35% of the 136 stores in the top quartile) met or exceeded the net sales average (or 8.8% of the 545 stores open during the entire 2013 calendar year). All store net revenue increase of 10.5% is based upon 2013 sales for all stores open as of 12/31/13 vs. 2012 sales for all stores open as of 12/31/12. Of the 602 stores included, 225 (or 37% of the 602 stores) met or exceeded the store net sales increase. There is no assurance that you will do as well. See Item 19 of our 2013 and 2014 FDD for further details. *Based on store openings from 2011-2013. See item 20 of our FDD for further details.
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!