Find the perfect
Find the perfect
franchise you can open
Take our quiz to see a personalized list of local franchise opportunities.
Byrider is the nation's largest and only used car dealership and finance franchise. This franchise opportunity is unique in that it allows you to focus on vehicle sales and vehicle service while partnering with Byrider Finance to support your customer financing needs. Industry-leading return on investment makes Byrider a category leader! More about the cost of owning a J.D. Byrider franchise below.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$814,750 - $1,437,500
1.0% - 1.9%
Units in operation
Own a Byrider Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- Leading used car dealership and finance enterprise allowing franchisees to function as a car dealer, as well as, a bank or lender
- Unique business model where owners act as both retailer and lender results in higher returns on investment
- Franchisees benefit from flexible ownership models choosing to take an active role in daily operations, or a more absentee role
How does it make money?
- Sales of used vehicles
- Benefits from financing options provided to customers
Who is it for?
- Someone with the ability to manage a team and keep them focused on the fundamentals of the used car business
- Someone with a great communication and people skills
- Someone with sales experience, experience in the auto industry is a plus
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Hire, train, and manage the necessary staff to promote excellent guest experience and sales of cars
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the franchise including marketing, finance, and management
- Network and market within your community to grow the Byrider brand
Byrider is the nation’s leading used car dealership and finance enterprise. Our company integrates vehicle sales, service and financing to give the franchisee the greatest control over their used vehicle business as well as the ability to sell to the customers they feel are qualified. It is the only small business franchise opportunity in America that also allows you to function as a bank or lender.
Using the Byrider franchising model, the automobile retailer is no longer reliant upon a lender to make the sale. You will be wearing both hats, retailer and lender, giving you an unprecedented amount of control over each automobile sale. Being both retailer and lender offers a remarkable business model which will yield a high return on your investment. And when you franchise with us, making sure you see the fruits of your labor is incredibly important to us.
Byrider Competitive Advantage
With more than 1 million consumers matched to quality, affordable vehicles, Byrider franchises focus on reliability and customer satisfaction. Our commitment to offer a better car, company warranty on service, and superior customer service is what sets us apart. Byrider franchises are dedicated to smashing stereotypes associated with the used car industry and setting a new industry standard for the ethical treatment of customers, as well as the way customer lending practices are handled.
Why Franchise With Byrider
One of the most exciting aspects of our car business opportunities is that they're flexible. Some of our franchisees choose to take an active role in the day-to-day management of their dealership, while others act as absentee owners. And as you gain experience, you may even choose to operate multiple franchises, dividing your time between each. Whatever type of owner you aspire to be, Byrider has the car business opportunities and support to match your goals.
- Training: With an array of in-person, onsite, and online training, we make sure you are properly equipped with all the tools you need to start your business and get a high return on your investment - both before and after opening day of your Byrider.
- Technology: Harness the buying power of an entire dealership network. Byrider franchisees benefit from our continual investment in technology upgrades. We even have an established proprietary sales CRM to ensure you are backed with verified and centralized information. Our IT support is readily available so you can focus on the business.
- Support: You're not in this alone. When you sign with Byrider, you are connected to a personal Franchise Consultant. These experts all have Byrider in-store experience and will help you every step of the way to opening and operating your Byrider dealership. You'll have all the tools and support you'll need for success.
- Flexibility: Take an active role in the day-to-day management of your dealership, or manage the business from afar. As you gain experience, you may even choose to operate multiple franchises, dividing your time between each. Byrider has the support to match your goals.
- Brand Advantage: We want to help you bring the right relationship and service to families in your area without spending additional funds creating original materials for your market. The Byrider Advertising Group, Inc. has produced a complete library of materials that simultaneously promote the brand and drive traffic to your dealership.
- Networking Opportunities: We've worked with franchisees from a wide range of backgrounds, many of whom had never before held a position in the auto industry. With numerous Byrider Franchise conventions throughout the year, we want to make sure you are learning just as much from your fellow franchisees as from us.
Training and Support
When you franchise with Byrider, you receive your own Franchise Consultant. These experts have an average of 15 years of Byrider experience and all have in-store experience. They will help you with every step along the way of opening and operating your own dealership:
- System Support (IT)
- Vendor Partnerships
- Dealer Solutions
- Connection to Other Franchisees
On-site visits pre-opening, opening, and post-opening Formal training is conducted at the Byrider training center in Carmel, IN, for sales, service, finance, accounting, and personnel management.
In addition, regional training is conducted at various sites throughout the year. Additional training options are offered with Byrider OnTrack-online learning management system. We offer continual coaching with operational manuals and expert advice through our franchise consultants and functional experts. In addition to training and ongoing support, each franchisee immediately becomes a member of the Byrider Advertising Group Inc. where an entire dealership marketing package can be developed and made available for placement and execution. This package includes research-based marketing strategies as well as targeted advertising materials including television, radio, print, direct mail, outdoor and point-of-purchase material.
We actively seek qualified franchisees from a wide variety of backgrounds. Your ability to manage a team and keep them focused on the fundamentals of the used car business is the greatest indicator of your potential success. We provide the training you need in the technical aspects of your small car franchise, and in using our tremendous software model. Your drive and the drive of your staff will determine the level of your success.
Want to learn more about the Byrider franchise? Ask to speak with someone today!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!