Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a network of employment agencies that assists in connecting people with companies. Express Employment Professionals reached $3 billion in sales in 2015 and is ranked as the No.1 staffing franchise in the Entrepreneur 500.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$120,000 - $196,000
Units in operation
The FranchiseHelp Brief
What is it?
- Employment agency specializing in matching qualified professionals with their ideal job
- Works with employers to provide full-time, part-time, and temporary personnel
How does it make money?
- You are paid a percentage of hired employees’ salaries by the employer for permanent positions
- For temporary placements, you charge employers an hourly rate and pay your client a percentage of that rate directly, keeping the markup amount
Who is it for?
- Insightful people who can assess personality types and anticipate who will collaborate productively
- Someone who enjoys creating connections between people
- Someone familiar with hiring processes
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Market and promote your employment agency
- Locate partnerships with employers in your region to fulfill ongoing employment needs
- Assess clients' skills, abilities, and needs
Express Employment Professionals – A World Class Franchise
The temporary staffing industry is on track to generate a projected $147 billion in North America annually. Express Employment Professionals reached $3.05 billion in sales in 2016 and is ranked as the No.1 staffing franchise in the Entrepreneur 500. For a limited time, Express is offering a $10,000 new franchise bonus. Our start-up offices average more than $1 million in sales in their first year, with mature offices averaging $6.2million annually.* Plus, as an Express franchise owner, you control your life with flexible weekday hours in a professional business setting. Express is a growing franchise with more than 770 locations and 34 year history of success.
- Express Employment Professionals – A World Class Franchise
- Ranked #1 in the Staffing Industry category and #31 overall in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 (2017)
- Rated a World-Class Franchise, Express received a 99% rating from franchisees on the quality of the Express franchise system (2006-2017)
- Franchise Direct Top 100 Global Award (2015-2016)
- Best of Staffing Client Award, Inavero in partnership with CareerBuilder (2011-2015)
- Fastest Growing Franchises, Entrepreneur (2013-2015)
- Hall of Fame Inductee, International Franchise Association (2010)
Initial franchise fee: $35,000
Total investment: $130,000 to $206,000
Required net worth: $250,000
Liquid capital: $50,000
Express Franchise Facts:*
In 2016, the average mature Express franchise territory generated $6.2 million in annual sales.
New owners generate an average of $138,500 in revenue each month by the 12th month of operation and $173,900 in monthly revenue by their 24th month.
Express franchisees paid an average royalty of just 7.5% in 2016.
*For territories open more than sixty months, average sales in 2016 were $6,266,483. First-year offices averaged $1,016,560 according to Item 19 in the Express Franchise Disclosure Document.
An Express Employment Professionals Franchise
Express offers new franchise owners the unique chance to build income and equity while helping people grow their careers and impact the local community. It’s a professional business with weekday hours. Individuals with staffing industry experience can also benefit from our “Boost to Ownership” package. Contact us for more information about this package.
We offer more than just operational support to our franchisees. By providing multi-step marketing campaigns, sales training, and public relations assistance, our franchise owners are able to focus on growing their business. Express also offers annual regional and international training events, as well as continual education for staff and owners via our online university.
Express offers franchisees two ownership models. The Traditional Model requires an investment ranging from $130,000 to $150,000 and an active role in new business development by the franchise owner. The Professional Market Model requires an investment ranging from $180,000 to $206,000 and applies to pre-designated territories with a high propensity for professional staffing. In this model, owners attend customized training and will manage a recruiting staff of two, unlike a traditional office with one person in this role. In both models, our franchisees enjoy the opportunity to own a business, while having a life outside of the office with time to enjoy friends and family.
Successful Express franchisees come from diverse backgrounds, including senior business management, sales, finance, communications, marketing, manufacturing, IT, banking, education, and human resources.
Generally, we look for:
- Sales or business aptitude
- Minimum of five years proven leadership, sales, or sales management experience
- A desire to make a difference in your community
Our owner-operator business model lets you create your own definition of success. Design your Express office around your strengths – what engages, excites, and challenges you.
See what Express Employment Professionals is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!