Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a business-to-business sales franchise that services companies looking to hire top-tier talent in a multitude of industries. They offer two owner-operator business models— both allowing you to enjoy a work-life balance. Build income while helping those in your community, become a franchisee today!
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$150,000 - $366,900
Units in operation
Own an Express Employment Professionals Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- A business-to-business sales franchise that services companies looking to hire top-tier talent in a multitude of industries
- They offer two owner-operator business models— both allowing you to enjoy a work-life balance
- Your recruiters work with your clients (employers) to provide full-time, part-time, and temporary staffing placements
How does it make money?
- Once a candidate is placed in a role, Express Pros is paid a percentage of hired employees’ salaries by the client (employers)
Who is it for?
- Those with a minimum of five years proven leadership, sales, or sales management experience
- Those with high business acumen and a drive to succeed
- Those who are highly driven/extroverted and understand the baseline of client relationship building
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Hire, train, and manage a recruiting staff to successfully place candidates in the roles that employers are searching for
- Locate partnerships with employers in your region to fulfill ongoing employment needs
- Assess clients' skills, abilities, and needs
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the franchise
Express Employment Professionals
A World-Class, B2B Sales Franchise
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Founded in 1983, Express annually employs more than half a million people across 850 franchise locations worldwide. Today, we are looking for driven, natural leaders and skilled relationship builders to join our team and become a franchisee. With an Express Employment Professionals franchise, you can put your well-honed business acumen to work. You’ll pair people in your community with the jobs of their dreams—all while achieving yours.
Why Franchise With Us
Express offers new franchise owners the unique chance to build income and equity while helping people grow their careers and impact the local community. It’s a professional business with weekday hours. Individuals with staffing industry experience can also benefit from our “Boost to Ownership” package. Be sure to ask us about this program.
Express offers franchisees two ownership models— The Traditional Office Model and The Specialized Recruiting Group Office Model.
- The Traditional Office Model: Requires an investment ranging from $150,000 to $174,000 and an active role in new business development by the franchise owner. In this model, franchisees attend customized training and will manage one recruiting staff member
- The Specialized Recruiting Group Office Model: Requires an investment ranging from $209,000 to $366,900 and applies to pre-designated territories with a high propensity for professional staffing. In this model, franchisees attend customized training and will manage two recruiting staff members
In both models, our franchisees enjoy the opportunity to own a business, while having a life outside of the office with time to enjoy friends and family. Our owner-operator business model lets you create your own definition of success. Design your Express office around your strengths— what engages, excites, and challenges you.
We Give You and Your Staff The Resources You Need to Lead
We offer more than just operational support to our franchisees. By providing multi-step marketing campaigns, sales training, and public relations assistance, our franchise owners are able to focus on growing their business. Express also offers annual regional and international training events, as well as continual education for staff and owners via our online university.
One of our unique brand strengths is that our Headquarters handles payroll funding. We are essentially your back-office administrator, processing invoices and other important paperwork for clients. This allows our Franchise Owners to spend their time building relationships with local businesses in their community and doing what they do best.
Reaching new clients is key to growth, and we help you plan, open, and grow your business with targeted marketing strategies as well as opening day planning and events.
Franchise Network Support
Get insight and advice from franchise owners who know the ropes. Our Express Franchise Owner community is an incredible resource as you work to establish your business. The average length of franchise ownership is 17 years—they stay because they love what they do.
Express Employment Professionals in the Industry
The temporary staffing industry is on track to generate a projected $182 billion in North America annually. Express Employment Professionals reached $3.23 billion in sales in 2020 and has been ranked the No.1 staffing franchise in the Entrepreneur 500 for 11 consecutive years. First-year offices average more than $940,000 in sales in their first year, with mature offices averaging $5.4 million annually.* Plus, as an Express franchise owner, you control your life with flexible weekday hours in a professional business setting. Express is a growing franchise with more than 850 locations and four decades of success.
Express Employment Professionals Franchise Facts:*
- In 2020, the average mature Express franchise territory generated $5.4 million in annual sales
- New owners generate an average of $127,125 in revenue each month by the 12th month of operation and $167,752 in monthly revenue by their 24th month
- Express franchisees paid an average royalty of just 8% in 2020
- *For territories open more than sixty months, average sales in 2020 were $5,417,303.86. First-year offices averaged $940,994.43 according to Item 19 in the Express Franchise Disclosure Document
Our Ideal Candidate
Successful Express franchisees come from diverse backgrounds, including senior business management, sales, finance, communications, marketing, manufacturing, IT, banking, education, and human resources.
Generally, we look for:
- Sales or business aptitude
- Minimum of five years proven leadership, sales, or sales management experience required
- A desire to make a difference in your community
- High energy/extroverted and driven
Request More Information to Speak to an Express Employment Professionals Representative Today!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!