Jackson Hewitt Tax Service®
Jackson Hewitt® is a full-service tax preparation company with nearly 6,000 franchised and company-owned locations throughout the US. Their low start-up investment offers new Franchisees the opportunity to choose their own path to success: a single tax office location or expansion into multi-units, applying a market strategy shared by nearly 75% of our system.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
$45,130 - $110,255
$15,000 - $25,000
5.0% - 15.0%
Units in operation
Own a Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- Individual tax preparation in storefront locations and select Walmart® kiosk locations
How does it generate revenue?
- Fees charged for individual tax preparation
Who is it for?
- Those with a passion to grow and expand their footprint into multiple units over 3-5 years
- Previous franchise, small business or retail management experience is preferred, but not required
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Depending upon size of the operation, the owner would be directly involved in the day-to-day management of the business
- Once a larger scale is reached, the owner typically will hire a localized management team with direct reporting responsibilities to the owner
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
Jackson Hewitt has more than 30 years experience, we operate in year-round neighborhood storefronts and seasonal kiosks in select Walmart® stores. We've built a solid business model structured around helping millions of our clients prepare and submit their tax returns each year.
The Strength of Our Partnerships
- Walmart® - Kiosks in Walmart® expand our tax-season footprint by providing exposure to millions of potential clients.
- American Express® - This partnership provides our clients with an additional disbursement option for their tax refund using the American Express® Serve Card.
According to the IRS.gov website, over 155 million Americans filed a tax return in 2019, with nearly 60% of all individual tax returns being prepared by a paid tax professional.
Why Jackson Hewitt Is Right For You
Jackson Hewitt is the nation's second largest in-person full-service tax preparation company.
- Lifestyle choice: Tax preparation is a seasonal business.
- Brand Strength: Ranked #1 for tax services in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 list for 2020 and #197 overall.
- Ranked #16 in Entrepreneur's 2020 Top Low-Cost Franchise.
Support For New Franchisees
Jackson Hewitt provides a 2-year dedicated mentoring program for all new franchisees, which includes a five-day Franchise Initial Training (FIT) class that is designed as an instructor-led course with hands-on training, covering every function of the business. FIT class is taught by members of our Operations Team and our Franchise Integration Team.
The Franchise Integration Team assists with operations relating to business strategy, report analysis, setting fees, staffing goals, office and system setups and local marketing strategies.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Currently, the following states in the United States regulate the offer and sale of franchises: CA, HI, IL, IN, MD, MI, MN, NY, ND, OR, RI, SD, VA, WA, and WI. If you are a resident of one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your jurisdiction.
NY Residents: This advertisement is not an offering. An offering can only be made by prospectus filed first with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Such filing does not constitute approval by the Department of Law. MN File No. F-7505
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!