Why was Kona Ice ranked #1 Overall Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine or even more importantly, Highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by TWO separate agencies? We think we might know why. And best of all, we can have you up and running in 30 days or less!
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$99,800 - $109,800
Units in operation
We have a question for you. What determines the success of a franchise? Is it luck? Coincidence? Why was Kona Ice ranked #1 New Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine or even more importantly, Highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by TWO separate agencies? We think we might know why. Not every idea is franchise- worthy. Not everyone can offer the support. So why are some concepts instantly successful and others just aren’t?
Here at Kona Ice, we know why we’ve succeeded and reached these ranks of the
1 New Franchise (Entrepreneur Magazine 2013), top in Franchisee Satisfaction
(Franchise Business Review and Franchise Update), and named one of the fastest growing franchises in the country right behind McDonald’s (Entrepreneur Magazine). We don’t think it’s luck at all. It’s the combination of a fresh concept, strong corporate support with a vision, and a desire to make the world a better place.
So you may be knee deep in the franchising process with tons of questions, but we have just one for you. Why not join Kona Ice?
5 REASONS WHY KONA ICE IS DIFFERENT
- Fixed Royalty:No penalties for succeeding.
- Extremely Quick Startup:We’ll have you up and running in 30 days or less.
- Incredibly Low Overhead:Approx. 6% food cost in an industry with an average of 32%.
- Proprietary Nutritional Product: A product that can only be found at Kona Ice that’s meeting all of the federal nutritional standards.
- Community Involvement: With over $25 million given back, our communities have embraced us as the best fundraising tool.
__CORPORATE SUPPORT & MARKETING
At Kona Ice, we believe you should go into business for yourself, but not by yourself.
QUICK & EASY STARTUP
We pride ourselves on our franchising process. When you decide you want to start your own business, we understand that you don't want to wait years to make that dream become a reality. We can guarantee that we’ll have you in business, generating revenue within 21-60 days of your deposit.
The Kona Experience is not just for our customers. We strive to create a one- of-a-kind experience for our franchisees too. And that all begins at Kona Kollege.
- Your Kona Ice journey begins with an all expense paid trip to the training program at the Kona Corporate Headquarters. You’ll gain firsthand knowledge in the following:
- Marketing strategies from our corporate marketing team & veteran franchisees
- Day-to-day operations from one of the largest franchises, which is housed at corporate
- Meet your support staff
- Initial setup of your business & social media marketing
- No holds barred Q&A with the owner & CEO, Tony Lamb
You’ll graduate from Kona Kollege with a 30 day plan that will have you primed and ready for success.
Kona Ice has a full time marketing team of graphic designers, digital marketers, copywriters and videographers. You focus on building your contact database, as corporate provides:
Professionally designed email advertising to targeted markets
- Slick and creative direct mail and leave-behind materials to close sales
- Kona-branded giveaways and merchandise to promote the brand
- Individual mini websites for franchisees as part of our Find A Kona feature
- Social media assistance accompanied by daily posts and yearly campaigns
- Corporate website that speaks to all areas of the Kona business
- Location-based searching to direct customers to local operators
- Dedicated web developers who manage website SEO & a massive national Google Ad Words campaign
“I think the vision Tony has for Kona is very exciting. So it allows uson a local level to really promote a brand that webelieve in.” -Linnea Weikleenget, franchisee in Jackson, MS
Everyone’s favorite feature of the Kona Ice truck is the ability to load up on tropical flavors to their heart’s content. In a day and age where self-serve dessert is all the rage, Kona has taken that step for the mobile shaved ice industry with our patented FLAVORWAVE.
ADDITIONAL KONA SUPPORT
- Continued technology and standards training
- Annual Kona Konvention
- Veteran franchisee coaching & mentoring
- Online forum where franchisees share ideas & techniques
- On demand support for day to day operations
- Custom signage for your KEV
- Dedicated PR company constantly pushing to get you local press
- Video tutorials
One of the best things about Kona Ice is that the business model is simple. The brand works for you, not the other way around. Our goal at corporate is to make your Kona Ice experience as enjoyable and stress-free as eating a shaved ice!
MEET KEV: THE KONA ENTERTAINMENT VEHICLE
Having built 575 of these wonderful trucks, Kona Ice has perfected the KEV. This state-of-the-art truck is literally a mobile billboard for your business - it sells itself!
Drives in anywhere, anytime, fully equipped to serve thousands per day
- Patented FLAVORWAVE for self-serve flavor dispensing
- Choose from an endless variety of exotic flavor combinations
- Tropical music rocks from the BOSE enhanced sound system
- First mobile food truck to be completely NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approved
- Proven successful in over 350 markets
INCREDIBLY LOW OVERHEAD
- Average of 6% food cost
- No real estate expenses
- Single person operation per unit
- Multi-unit expandability
- Fully contained & completely mobile
- Incredible franchisee buying power
- Large, protected territories
- No forced expansion
- Territory assigned by zip code(s)
- Promotes working partnerships with neighboring franchisees
ONE OF A KIND EXPERIENCE
Kona doesn’t just sell gourmet shaved ice, it brings an unforgettable experience that appeals to the kid in all of us!
- Schools reward students with regular Kona visits
- Parents, kids and staff alike say Kona Day is the best day of the week at daycare
- Sports teams and leagues invite Kona to the ballpark whenever there’s a crowd
- Businesses book Kona as a special treat for employees
- Birthday parties, church festivals, block parties and company picnics can all benefit from the Kona Ice experience
- We’re mobile, so really, we can be just about anywhere!
“With Kona, I have put more smiles on kid’s faces and received more genuine thank you’s in 8 months than I ever did in my 25 yearsin the consumer electronic business.” -Cheri Wells, franchisee in Ventura, CA
NUTRITIOUS & DELICIOUS
Who knew shaved ice could be healthy? Kona Ice is redefining dessert, by creating a nutritious and delicious treat. Our constant innovation puts us on a pathway to success. The food and beverage industry is becoming exceedingly harder to excel with the nutrition standards that have been put in place. The innovative and progressive spirit that our company was founded on continues in our search to provide a healthy option for our customers. We have partnered with international flavor houses and worked with flavor scientists tirelessly to procure proprietary blends that meet all the current nutrition guidelines.
- All natural sweeteners
- Reduced sugar & calories
- No high fructose corn syrup
- Smart Snack approved
- BRAND NEW vitamin-fortified flavors: VitaBlend (stevia + vitamins C & D) & Performance Blend (stevia + B vitamins & vitamin D)
- 100% juice product
- Sugar free & dye free flavors available
We’re not just a shaved ice truck - we have units of every size for any venue. Once you own a Kona truck, you will have access to:
The Kona Mini: The most popular ancillary unit is a smaller, more agile version of the KEV. It’s designed for indoor events and smaller outdoor venues.
- The Kona Trailer: Sometimes you only need the back half of the KEV - and that’s exactly what you’ll get with the Kona Trailer. It’s perfect for large venues where you’ll be established for the majority of your season.
- The Kona Kiosk: Coming in 2015, we’ve got a brand new Kona Kiosk hitting the streets. With a body that looks like a smaller truck, you’ll be sure to attract plenty of attention at any large venue with this piece of equipment.
KONA GIVES BACK
Ever wonder if you’re making a difference? With Kona Ice, you’ll see it happening right before your very eyes. With over $25 million dollars given back to local communities all across the country, Kona Ice is defined by our community involvement. Because we’re a mobile franchise, this allows you to be directly involved in your community at every touch point.
Ranked the #1 New Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2013 and Highest in Franchisee Satisfaction in 2014 by Franchise Business Review, Kona Ice’s reputation is proclaimed as being one of the most innovative brands and “be your own boss” businesses around.__Kona Ice is thriving all across the map - from New Hampshire to California. And as of 2014, it’s now proven to work in 3 international markets as well. It’s a success for the customers and also for the franchisees!
- Franchisee expectations are constantly exceeded (Highest Franchisee Satisfaction award from Franchise Business Review & Franchise Update)
- Roughly 75% of franchisees are purchasing a second unit within 2 years
INVESTMENT & FINANCING
LOW COST INVESTMENT
- $15,000 - $30,000 cost investment
- Fixed royalty - a fraction of industry standard
- No paralyzing build out costs
We havepre-arranged financing with a sister company in place specifically for Kona Ice, giving you the opportunity to expand at your own pace.
Kona Ice is the fastest growing mobile franchise in the country. Meeting or exceeding most expectations, franchisee satisfaction is through the roof! Don’t miss this opportunity!
Territories are still available in all major markets.
What Our Franchisees Are Saying:
We’ve been awarded top in Franchisee Satisfaction, but don’t take it from us, see what our franchisees are actually saying:
“I couldn’t believe how fast I was up and running with my Kona business. It felt like just weeks since my initial phone call to when I was driving my Kona Ice truck away from Kona Kollege _completely _ready to do business!” - Natasha Pharis
“I would have never imagined that I could practically pay off my entire year’s royalty in one weekend. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that love coming up to the truck - there’s always a line. And I never thought I’d be able to do this full time, but after just a year in the business, I was able to make Kona my full time job.” - Megan Stevenson
“As far as Kona is concerned, what really drew me in was the low barrier of entry. There wasn’t a lot of risk, in my opinion. You know, you’re buying a truck. You actually have an asset to work with. And I appreciate that the business is built around the effort you put into it. If you want to put the effort in, you’re going to have a growing business, a profitable business.” - Garvin Wong
“The Kona Ice truck is a wonderful sales tool. It was a lot easier to sell than I had imagined it would be. I have hardly ever had anyone turn me down when I asked them for their business. The truck basically sells itself!” -Charles Love
“The way Kona operates is how every franchise should operate. It’s a truck! So I can work whenever I want to work. I get to wake up every morning and be my own boss. No more 9-5 for me! And best of all, I never have to miss my son’s basketball games ever again.” - Jon Black
Visitownakona.comto hear over 50 franchisee testimonials. We bet you’ll find someone just like you!
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!