Mosquito Joe has grown to over 320 locations in 35 states, helping customers and communities avoid mosquito-born diseases. Mosquito Joe has built a stellar reputation for franchisee satisfaction with low startup costs, a flexible, work-from-home business, and high growth margin. MoJo has a highly seasonal business model for entrepreneur’s that want a business with lots of time flexibility without compromising their opportunity for financial success.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$95,600 - $140,000
$22,500 - $30,000
7.0% - 10.0%
Units in operation
Own a Mosquito Joe Franchise - Questions & Answers
What is it?
- A pest control business eliminating mosquitos, ticks, and fleas for residential and commercial customers
- Now a part of the Neighborly family of home services brands
- FranchiseHelp Top 20 Franchise award winner in 2019
How does it make money?
- Mosquito Joe customers pay for pest control services
- Recurring revenue model as customers continue to purchase services season after season
Who is it for?
- The ideal candidate has strong business acumen and the desire to help customers
- Owners have excellent leadership skills, and thrive as a part of a team
What would you do as a franchisee?
- During the summer months, franchisees manage day to day operations
- Franchisees hire and manage a team of pest control experts who deliver service to customers
- In the off season you'll spend more time marketing and growing your business
Start Enjoying Your Work Life – Outside is fun again.
Make your dream of loving what you do a reality by owning your own business. Not only can you improve your quality of life but you can also make outside fun again for your community by becoming a Mosquito Joe franchise partner.
The mosquito control industry is a high growth market, and Mosquito Joe has emerged as an industry leader with strong branding, best-in-class systems, unparalleled Corporate support, and the ability to grow rapidly nationwide. We’ve entered our 7th year in the franchising industry and we’re continuing to grow at a rapid rate. We recently broke into California and plan to have presence in Utah by the start of the 2020 season. There’s never been a better time to become the hero in your area and start your own Mosquito Joe franchise than right now!
Mosquito Joe was acquired by top home-service brand franchisor, Neighborly (formerly known as Dywer Group) in August of 2018. Neighborly is the world’s largest parent company of 22 service brands, 19 of which are franchise brands, and nearly 3,700 franchise owners. We use Neighborly’s network and wealth of knowledge and experience to cross-promote with our sister brands.
Mosquito Joe provides a service that makes outside fun again for people in your community by allowing them to enjoy their yards and eliminating the worry of mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas. Mosquito control is a service that customers are picking up readily and is in very high demand. Mosquito Joe franchise partners enjoy a high quality of life due to having the ability to shut down the business over the winter (depending on your location), and can relax and make time for the things they enjoy during the offseason. The winter months are perfect for local marketing and business development efforts to recruit customers for the next season. Many grassroots marketing efforts, such as home shows, are great for getting the word out about Mosquito Joe.
Start your own home-based business with extensive training and support from an experienced, hands on Corporate Team, with a track record in building highly successful national brands that are now “household names.” Mosquito Joe offers a tremendous opportunity for those looking to build a successful and lasting business as a recognized leader in the booming 11-billion-dollar pest control industry.
Pest Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) Affiliate, Established by the EPA
Mosquito Joe was recently admitted into the Pest Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Through this partnership our goal is to provide low-risk pest management to ensure customers can enjoy their outdoor spaces without the hassle of mosquitoes, ticks and fleas. We are humbled to provide peace of mind by taking every precaution necessary when handling, applying, and disposing of our products.
Mosquito Joe’s partnership with the PESP program demonstrates our commitment to providing low-risk outdoor pest control for residential and commercial properties. As part of a small number of pest control companies and organizations with membership, we are committed to educating our customers on the importance and impact of integrated pest management.
Top 10 Reasons why Mosquito Joe is the Right Business Investment
As one of the hottest new franchise opportunities in America, and having recently undergone westward expansion, successful individuals like you choose Mosquito Joe for business ownership for these reasons:
- Flourishing outdoor pest control industry driven by consumer demand to enjoy their outdoor spaces and concerns surrounding mosquito-borne illnesses
- World-class branding and marketing makes Mosquito Joe inherently memorable
- Low investment opportunity and a fast-start up
- Recurring revenue model offers long-range profit potential
- Home-based business offers personal, professional, and financial flexibility
- Comprehensive training with ongoing support
- Strong, long-lasting franchisee relationships and support
- State-of-the-art customer service and back office management system
- $6,000 discount for Veterans & Hometown Heroes, SBA Approved
- A business you can feel good about and be proud of, centered around community and giving back
At Mosquito Joe, we prioritize the needs of our franchisees, ensuring that they have all the tools and support necessary to be successful. We offer a number of services to help them develop and grow their businesses. In addition, we encourage an atmosphere of community, so not only do we support them through Corporate initiatives, we encourage them to develop meaningful relationships that will assist them through their franchise journey with Mosquito Joe.
As a seasonal business (duration depends on the region), Mosquito Joe offer tremendous flexibility when it comes to business models and is expanding its territories across the country. Take control of your future and explore our opportunity today.
What does the ideal Mosquito Joe franchisee look like?
• Overall candidates must have a desire and passion to serve customers
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Goal oriented and long term focused
• Basic need to control and direct
• Thrives on achieving results
• Comfortable following a process
• Financially sound
• Likes being part of a team
• Family oriented
Mosquito Joe is seeking franchise partners who are motivated, passionate, team players, ready to make a commitment to their future.
“Mosquito Joe provides a service that many households need but don’t know is available. It appeared to me to be a market that would have tremendous growth potential and after such a short amount of time in the business, I am more convinced of that then when I purchased the franchise.” –Tim Lanai, Mosquito Joe Franchise Owner- Southwest Nashville
“We have been plagued by mosquitoes in our area, so we know first-hand what a nuisance they can be and how they can hinder outdoor activities. We felt that being able to have a business opportunity that provides a real practical service to homeowners was a great opportunity. Mosquito Joe was also something that the whole family could be engaged in, and something that can be done while maintaining our current work and school responsibilities.” - Scott Franasiak, Mosquito Joe Franchise Owner- Greater Buffalo Region
See what Mosquito Joe is saying
Is this your franchise?
Contact us to unlock your franchise's page to add content and get leads!