Idaho Franchise Opportunities
If you value having plentiful mountains, rivers and wilderness in your state’s backyard—and you’re a big fan of potatoes—consider opening a franchise in the great state of Idaho.
Prosperous Potato Land
Idaho is known for two things: potatoes and gemstones. Idaho produces nearly a third of the potatoes grown in the United States, along with large crops of wheat. The state is also rich in gems, as nearly every type of gemstone in existence has been found there.
Idaho also is home to a burgeoning tech and science industry, which accounts for a quarter of the state’s revenue and 70 percent of its exports.
Your Home in Idaho
You won’t find too many major metropolitan areas in Idaho, but consider some of these cities to settle down in:
- Boise: The state capital and largest city, Boise is the headquarters for many major companies, and also has a thriving arts scene.
- Pocatello: Home to Idaho State University and 54,000 residents, Pocatello is a great little city tucked away in northern Idaho.
- Meridian: A suburb of Boise, this is the fastest growing city in Idaho, and home to nearly 85,000 people.
Idaho by the Numbers
- There are 147,811 small businesses in Idaho, which make up 96.8 percent of all employers in the state.
- Idaho’s GDP is $51.1 billion, and has been increasing slightly over the past few years.
- The corporate tax rate in Idaho is a flat 7.4 percent, and the income tax varies from 1.6 to 7.4 percent.
Massachusetts Franchise Opportunities
One of the most historical places in America, Massachusetts has seen the first colony of Plymouth, the Salem witch trials, the Boston Tea Party and is home to Harvard University—the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. This little state has a lot of people, and is a solid option for where to start your next franchise.
Colorado Franchise Opportunities
With plenty of space for outdoors adventures, Colorado is a state for those looking to start a franchise in a cultural hot spot with surrounded by expansive wilderness. The economy is booming in this Four-Corner state, and it has been consistently referred to as a top state to do business.
New York Franchise Opportunities
Although it may seem like New York is the land of major retailers, small business is booming in the Empire State—there are more than 2 million small businesses in New York. These are located in every region, city and neighborhood of the state, making New York a fantastic place to start your franchise.