Idaho Franchise Opportunities
If you value having plentiful mountains, rivers and wilderness in your state’s backyard—and you’re a big fan of potatoes—consider opening a franchise in the great state of Idaho.
Prosperous Potato Land
Idaho is known for two things: potatoes and gemstones. Idaho produces nearly a third of the potatoes grown in the United States, along with large crops of wheat. The state is also rich in gems, as nearly every type of gemstone in existence has been found there.
Idaho also is home to a burgeoning tech and science industry, which accounts for a quarter of the state’s revenue and 70 percent of its exports.
Your Home in Idaho
You won’t find too many major metropolitan areas in Idaho, but consider some of these cities to settle down in:
- Boise: The state capital and largest city, Boise is the headquarters for many major companies, and also has a thriving arts scene.
- Pocatello: Home to Idaho State University and 54,000 residents, Pocatello is a great little city tucked away in northern Idaho.
- Meridian: A suburb of Boise, this is the fastest growing city in Idaho, and home to nearly 85,000 people.
Idaho by the Numbers
- There are 147,811 small businesses in Idaho, which make up 96.8 percent of all employers in the state.
- Idaho’s GDP is $51.1 billion, and has been increasing slightly over the past few years.
- The corporate tax rate in Idaho is a flat 7.4 percent, and the income tax varies from 1.6 to 7.4 percent.
Louisiana Franchise Opportunities
Down by the bayou, you’ll find one of the most interesting mixes of cultures the United States has to offer. With French, Spanish, Native American and African roots, Louisiana offers up a combination of foods, music and art that attracts many tourists and good business, making it a solid place to start a franchise.
Alabama Franchise Opportunities
While you might think of peanuts and cotton, the state of Alabama boasts a wide array of businesses and nearly five million residents. Major industries include agriculture, aerospace, mining and automobile manufacturing. The economy is comprised mainly of small businesses, and would be an excellent place to open your new franchise!
Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Chock full of history, good seafood and federal agencies, Virginia has a booming tech industry, a relatively high standard of living, and would be a fantastic place to start a new franchise!