South Dakota Franchise Opportunities
If you long for a rural lifestyle, space to spread your wings and no taxes, South Dakota can certainly deliver. There are plenty of little towns you could easily excite by bringing in a new franchise!
Towns to Choose From
There are three fairly large cities in South Dakota, and lots of much smaller towns. Depending on the experience you’re looking for, consider some of these options:
- Pierre: The second smallest state capital in the country, Pierre is home to about 13,000 residents, one high school, a golf course and a dam.
- Sioux Falls: The largest city in the state, it is home to a handful of financial companies, hospitals and communications companies.
The service industry is the driving force behind South Dakota’s economy, with people working in finance, retail and health care industries. Government spending provides for about 10 percent of the state’s economy, as the air force base is the state’s second-largest employer.
Agriculture is also important for the state, with corn, cattle, wheat, soybeans and hogs. Tourism also plays a role, with people coming in to see Mount Rushmore, Deadwood and an annual motorcycle rally.
Yes, you read that correctly—South Dakota does not charge any taxes on businesses, and doesn’t have a personal income tax! This makes it a strong contender for where you should consider starting your franchise.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 81,000 small businesses in South Dakota, making up 96.5 percent of the state’s employers.
- Of those, 2,300 are franchises, which employ 27,400 people.
- South Dakota has a GDP of $45.4 billion.
Georgia Franchise Opportunities
If you want a truly southern experience, full of sweet tea and porch swings, consider opening a franchise in Georgia. Southern hospitality, a diverse landscape and lots of tourism can be assets for any business you choose to start here.
Illinois Franchise Opportunities
Illinois is a noted bellwether of the United States—it’s been a predictor of trends, and is home to a diverse economy and peoples.
North Carolina Franchise Opportunities
North Carolina is state that’s really making moves. It has a burgeoning engineering and biotechnology scene, and is also home to two of the fastest growing counties in the country. More than just tobacco, North Carolina is a great place to establish a new business and call home.