Washington Franchise Opportunities
A mountainous and breathtaking state in the Pacific Northwest, Washington is green, clean and almost tax-free. It is a major agricultural state, but also has a number of other industries. If you want a low-tax place to enjoy the beauty of nature, try your hand at franchising in Washington!
About 60 percent of all Washingtonians live in the greater Seattle area, though there are plenty of other places to settle down. Check out these for size:
- Seattle: The largest city in the state and the Pacific Northwest, Seattle has great coffee (Starbucks started here), a strong performing arts scene, and is also a tech hub, with Amazon.com headquartered here.
- Spokane: Located on the eastern side of the state, Spokane has some gorgeous architecture, fun minor league sports teams and many colleges.
- Yakima: The center of a large agricultural area, Yakima produces three-quarters of the hops grown in the country, as well as many fruits and vegetables.
Some of the significant industries in Washington include technology, aircraft manufacturing, lumber production, telecommunications, electronics, mining and real estate.
Washington is a major agricultural state, growing vast amounts of apples, raspberries, cherries, hops, peas and pears. The state also has a huge wine industry, producing more wine than any other state, except for California.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Washington is one of only four states lacking a corporate income tax, as well as a personal income tax. There is a business and occupation tax that taxes the gross receipts of a business, but the levels of taxation are quite low, ranging primarily from 0.47 to 1.8 percent.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 546,800 small businesses in Washington, which account for 98.1 percent of all employers in the state.
- Of those, 14,800 are franchises, which employ 164,700 people.
- Washington has a GDP of $412.9 billion, which is slightly more than that of Austria.
Massachusetts Franchise Opportunities
One of the most historical places in America, Massachusetts has seen the first colony of Plymouth, the Salem witch trials, the Boston Tea Party and is home to Harvard University—the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. This little state has a lot of people, and is a solid option for where to start your next franchise.
Washington, DC Franchise Opportunities
The nation’s capital and home to a proliferation of government activity, DC is a great place to take advantage of a fairly affluent population, great (and free!) museums, and a dazzling art scene. If you’re thinking about opening a franchise, Washington, DC might be the perfect place for you!
Minnesota Franchise Opportunities
The Land of 10,000 Lakes really is an accurate description of Minnesota—there are more than 11,000 lakes scattered across this beautiful state, whose name comes from the Dakota word meaning “clear blue water.” Minnesota has a high level of civic engagement, a high standard of living and is one of the best-educated states in the nation, making it a fabulous place to start your franchise and call home.