Washington Franchise Opportunities
A mountainous and breathtaking state in the Pacific Northwest, Washington is green, clean and almost tax-free. It is a major agricultural state, but also has a number of other industries. If you want a low-tax place to enjoy the beauty of nature, try your hand at franchising in Washington!
About 60 percent of all Washingtonians live in the greater Seattle area, though there are plenty of other places to settle down. Check out these for size:
- Seattle: The largest city in the state and the Pacific Northwest, Seattle has great coffee (Starbucks started here), a strong performing arts scene, and is also a tech hub, with Amazon.com headquartered here.
- Spokane: Located on the eastern side of the state, Spokane has some gorgeous architecture, fun minor league sports teams and many colleges.
- Yakima: The center of a large agricultural area, Yakima produces three-quarters of the hops grown in the country, as well as many fruits and vegetables.
Some of the significant industries in Washington include technology, aircraft manufacturing, lumber production, telecommunications, electronics, mining and real estate.
Washington is a major agricultural state, growing vast amounts of apples, raspberries, cherries, hops, peas and pears. The state also has a huge wine industry, producing more wine than any other state, except for California.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Washington is one of only four states lacking a corporate income tax, as well as a personal income tax. There is a business and occupation tax that taxes the gross receipts of a business, but the levels of taxation are quite low, ranging primarily from 0.47 to 1.8 percent.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 546,800 small businesses in Washington, which account for 98.1 percent of all employers in the state.
- Of those, 14,800 are franchises, which employ 164,700 people.
- Washington has a GDP of $412.9 billion, which is slightly more than that of Austria.
Hawaii Franchise Opportunities
If you’ve ever dreamed of living on a tropical island, surrounded by beaches, surfing, lush vegetation, Hawaii might be an ideal place for you to open a franchise. Imagine running your own business and staring out into the Pacific Ocean with a drink in hand!
Massachusetts Franchise Opportunities
One of the most historical places in America, Massachusetts has seen the first colony of Plymouth, the Salem witch trials, the Boston Tea Party and is home to Harvard University—the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. This little state has a lot of people, and is a solid option for where to start your next franchise.
Florida Franchise Opportunities
Florida, the Sunshine State, home to beaches, swamps, gators and nearly 20 million potential customers. If you choose to open a franchise in Florida, you will be blessed with great weather (mixed with a few hurricanes), a diverse population and no income taxes!