Wyoming Franchise Opportunities
Although Wyoming has the smallest population and almost the lowest population density, the federal government owns nearly half the land in the state because it’s filled with such magical displays of nature. Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, Devils Tower and many more could all be in your backyard if you decide to start your next franchise in Wyoming!
Most of the cities in Wyoming are quite small, but you’re not moving to this beautiful state to be in a busting metropolis. Consider these little gems as potential new homes:
- Cheyenne: The capital and largest city, Cheyenne’s economy is built on the government, but has been growing steadily, and now has a Lowe’s and Wal-Mart in town. It’s also one of the windiest cities in the country due to its high elevation.
- Casper: Known as “The Oil City,” Casper has consistently been ranked one of the best small cities to raise a family in, and has a handful of museums and a burgeoning arts scene, including a drum corps.
The two main drivers behind Wyoming’s economy are mineral extraction and tourism. Wyoming produces coal, natural gas, crude oil, diamonds and uranium.
Tourism is a major player, with more than six million people coming to visit national parks and monuments each year, which brings more than $2 million in revenue for the state.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Wyoming is one of only four states that does not charge a corporate income tax nor a personal income tax, and is one of the most tax-friendly states in the nation. There is still a franchise tax of $50, but in the scheme of things, this is one of the cheapest places you could choose to open a business!
Business by the Numbers
- There are 62,500 small businesses in Wyoming, which account for 96.2 percent of all employers in the state.
- Of those, 1,780 are franchises, which employ 20,100 people.
- Wyoming has a GDP of $40.5 billion.
Arkansas Franchise Opportunities
You can have it good, for cheap, if you decide to start a franchise in Arkansas! In 2014, Arkansas was found to be the most affordable state to live in.
Colorado Franchise Opportunities
With plenty of space for outdoors adventures, Colorado is a state for those looking to start a franchise in a cultural hot spot with surrounded by expansive wilderness. The economy is booming in this Four-Corner state, and it has been consistently referred to as a top state to do business.
New Jersey Franchise Opportunities
You can strut your stuff at the Jersey Shore, go gambling in Atlantic City, hike in the forests, or live in Jersey City and commute into New York. New Jersey offers a wide variety of opportunities and lifestyles, and there’s sure to be a place or industry in the state that suits you.