What Are The Best Employee Perks That Employers Offer?
In today's economy,a steady salary, healthy work environment, and comprehensive medical package are as valuable as ever. While these employee benefits are standard, employers are offering further options and opportunities to employees to boost morale and productivity. Invest in your employees, and employers can be paid back with productivity, less employee turnover, and fresh ideas. Here are the best perks you can offer to keep employees engaged and feeling appreciated.
- Help Them Help Others: One-for-one matching on charitable donations is common in corporations, but some go even further. Some companies give paid time off for employees to help charities of their choice. Allowing employees time off to make a difference makes them feel like they’re making a difference by working with your company.
- Free Food/Beverage: It might seem simple, but a supply of snacks or free sodas can really keep employees happy, especially if they’re Diet Coke addicts. Ordering in lunch during the busy season or on a regularly appointed day saves employees money and your time. Company-sponsored lunch often increases productivity because employees stay in to eat.
- Biggest Loser Competition: A workplace competition can boost camaraderie and coworker interaction. Add in a healthy component, such as weight loss and fitness, and you have healthier employees that enjoy working together.
- Provide an Activity: Yoga sessions, tickets to a game, a company happy hour, or an after-work movie night at the office can be a fun perk to help employees relieve stress and show a fun side of the company.
- Time to Work on Individual Projects: One of the many perks of working at Google is that employees get 20% of their time a week to work on their own projects. Seeing as most workers don’t focus on work 100% of the time, allowing them to assign time to be creative could improve innovation in your company. It could also help produce suggestions that can help your business succeed, as well as new business opportunities and directions.
Sue Funke is a comedic writer with a background in e-commerce. She studied writing at Hofstra University and writes for several online publications. You can see her performances on YouTube or learn more about her online store at http://FunkeIndustries.tumblr.com
Some of the World’s Most Charitable Franchises
What Constitutes Trademark Infringement?
MinorityFran Changing the Game for Minorities in Franchising
As far as the incentives go, there are three main categories that franchisors tend to work with when they're looking to increase access to their systems for minorities. The most popular method used, by far, is to offer discounts on initial franchise fees. The second most popular incentive offered to minorities by franchisors is financing assistance and other discounts to help pay off the sizable franchising fees that new franchisees incur. Finally, in rare instances, franchisors offer minority franchisees administrative and development support above and beyond what they provide to the non-minority franchisees in the system. Here is a list of franchises that have gone the extra mile to reach out to minorities looking to get involved in franchising.