What Are The Best Employee Perks That Employers Offer?
In today's economy,a steady salary, healthy work environment, and comprehensive medical package are as valuable as ever. While these employee benefits are standard, employers are offering further options and opportunities to employees to boost morale and productivity. Invest in your employees, and employers can be paid back with productivity, less employee turnover, and fresh ideas. Here are the best perks you can offer to keep employees engaged and feeling appreciated.
- Help Them Help Others: One-for-one matching on charitable donations is common in corporations, but some go even further. Some companies give paid time off for employees to help charities of their choice. Allowing employees time off to make a difference makes them feel like they’re making a difference by working with your company.
- Free Food/Beverage: It might seem simple, but a supply of snacks or free sodas can really keep employees happy, especially if they’re Diet Coke addicts. Ordering in lunch during the busy season or on a regularly appointed day saves employees money and your time. Company-sponsored lunch often increases productivity because employees stay in to eat.
- Biggest Loser Competition: A workplace competition can boost camaraderie and coworker interaction. Add in a healthy component, such as weight loss and fitness, and you have healthier employees that enjoy working together.
- Provide an Activity: Yoga sessions, tickets to a game, a company happy hour, or an after-work movie night at the office can be a fun perk to help employees relieve stress and show a fun side of the company.
- Time to Work on Individual Projects: One of the many perks of working at Google is that employees get 20% of their time a week to work on their own projects. Seeing as most workers don’t focus on work 100% of the time, allowing them to assign time to be creative could improve innovation in your company. It could also help produce suggestions that can help your business succeed, as well as new business opportunities and directions.
Sue Funke is a comedic writer with a background in e-commerce. She studied writing at Hofstra University and writes for several online publications. You can see her performances on YouTube or learn more about her online store at http://FunkeIndustries.tumblr.com
5 Hot Food Franchises for This Summer
People are always asking us what food franchises they should open. And with summer right around the corner, right now might be the best time for you to open your very own food franchise. Every franchisee is different, so these recommendations might not be the perfect fit for you, but without further ado here is my list of the five hottest food franchises for the summer of 2015.
Why The Entrepreneurs Of The Future Are Flocking To Franchising
In our last post, we destigmatized franchising for the younger folks. Now let’s dive into detail as to why this career path checks the critical boxes of that same generation of entrepreneurs.