5 Hot Food Franchises for This Summer
People are always asking us what food franchises they should open. And with summer right around the corner, right now might be the best time for you to open your very own food franchise. Every franchisee is different, so these recommendations might not be the perfect fit for you, but without further ado here is my list of the five hottest food franchises for the summer of 2015.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit - Who doesn’t love some amazing barbecue on a hot summer day? And who doesn’t love running a franchise that has 5 major revenue streams? Put those two together and you have a franchise that is poised for summer success. Dickey’s franchisees can make money on dine-in, retail, take-out, catering, and holiday meals.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt - The Froyo craze is still here and going strong and Menchie’s offers franchisees a great opportunity to get into the game. With over 100 rotating flavors and more than 70 rotating toppings new Menchie’s franchises can give their customers exactly what they want this summer.
- 1000 Degrees Pizzeria - Pizza isn’t just a summer food. It’s an all the time food. But 1000 Degrees had to be on the list for hot summer franchises because it’s a great opportunity to join the growing pizza franchise movement.
- Naturals 2 Go - A little bit different than the rest of the franchises on this list, but an awesome option for new franchisees, especially those looking to start a business for a little less capital. The food vending industry is booming and changing quickly. Gone are the days of fatty foods and candy being the only options in vending machines. You can open a Naturals 2 Go franchise with only $25,000 in liquid capital and join the healthy vending movement.
- Kona Ice - Forget ice cream trucks this summer. This franchise's mobile shaved ice trucks are an awesome way to deliver self-serve treats to your customer. And summer is the perfect time for you to join in. With relatively low capital requirements and quick start up times Kona is a great fit for potential franchisees
These aren't all the food franchises that are going to be awesome this summer. Check out the full list of food franchises here!
Not so sure that a food franchise is the right thing for you? Picking the right franchise for you can be tough. But don’t worry - we’ve developed this quiz to help you find the right fit for you.
Getting into Baby Boomers Wallets
Savvy businesses have been marketing to the Boomer generation for years. But interest is accelerating now that Boomers are approaching their 60s. In this day and age, no business can afford to ignore the economic realities of this phenomenon, with one in three adults currently at least the age of 50. The target audience for these marketing schemes should be adults aged 54 to 64. They have the deepest pockets, with an estimated average net worth of $210,000 -- higher than any other age group.
Franchising as a Growth Vehicle—the Risks of Improper Classification
Should I franchise my business? Is it the right time? Is franchising the right growth vehicle for my business model? Does franchising fit with my ambitions, tendencies, preferences and general corporate culture?
DOs and DON’Ts for Prospective Franchisees
Of course, new concepts and geographically-focused concepts may have no or only a limited number of franchisees. These opportunities should not simply be avoided wholesale; however, in these cases it will be particularly important to have candid and open discussions with the franchisor’s owners and representatives.