The Grounds Guys
The Grounds Guys franchisees provide professional lawn care, landscaping, and snow removal to enhance and maintain the beauty of outdoor spaces for both residential and commercial customers. It's a year-round business offering predictable, repeat revenue that gives owners the power to control their working hours. The Grounds Guys has been ranked the no. 1 franchise in its category in Entrepreneur's prestigious Franchise 500 list.
Facts & Figures
Liquid capital required
Net worth required
$73,470 - $200,070
Units in operation
The FranchiseHelp Brief
What is it?
- Professional lawn care, landscaping, and snow removal for residential & commercial customers
- Provides irrigation and pest control, as well as water, snow, ice management, lighting, and much more
- The Grounds Guys benefits from being a member of the Neighborly family of top home service brands from the Dwyer Group, one of world's largest and most successful franchise organizations
How does it make money?
- Homeowners and businesses contract The Grounds Guys franchisees for year-round landscaping work
- Customers also pay for one-time enhancements, upgrades, and services like gutter cleaning
Who is it for?
- Financially responsible and accountable individuals with an intrinsic drive for success
- Those who refuse to deliver anything less than exceptional customer service, no matter the circumstances
- Anyone looking for a well-recognized and well-respected brand - The Grounds Guys has been ranked the top franchise in its category by Entrepreneur
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Travel to homes and businesses to provide grounds maintenance and related services
- Hire and dispatch crew members to execute customer jobs as needed
- Maintain and oversee dependable, professional pros who reflect The Grounds Guys' strong national and international brand reputation
The Grounds Guys
**Stake Your Claim ** - Of the roughly 50 million acres of grass in the U.S., an estimated 21 million of those acres are private lawns. That’s a LOT of green space! It doesn’t matter what part of the country, or what type of climate, there is always a need for residential and commercial grounds care services, whether it’s lawn maintenance and landscaping or snow removal and holiday lighting.
Grounds Guys is staking a real claim in the industry, and is looking for future landscape management and lawn care franchise owners.
(Brad Bell, Grounds Guys franchisee, Owensboro,KY)
You invest in us. We invest in you.
With franchising, you get the independence of starting your own business with the security of joining forces with a nationally recognized brand. The combination of your energy and ambition with the experience and expertise of a larger company is explosive in its potential for success.
What you can expect:
- Proprietary System: Our unique business model is designed for improving overall profitability and sustainability, including state of the art software to streamline operations.
- Comprehensive ongoing training and support: Our Sure Start training helps prepare you for many aspects of operations including how to manage your finances. A dedicated Franchise Consultant will coach you for your first year. Franchisees in their second year of operation and after will be assigned a Regional Service Manager to advise them when needed.
- Registered trademarks and a designated territory: We make sure you are protected.
- Marketing, marketing, and more marketing: Superior marketing strategies and support offered through a 4-Pillar Marketing System:
- Web: Leading web presence, national and customizable website, bold online social media presence, SEO optimization, and reputation management)
- Media: National and local media coverage and PR, consisten t advertising
- Engagement: An online software system to receive client feedback and ensure their satisfaction, a referral program to increase a word-of-mouth advertising, automated personalized in-home service reminders and marketing pieces, back marketing email drip campaigns
- Continuous innovation: The Grounds Guys marketing team keeps ahead of trends and is always looking and learning new ways to keep the Grounds Guys brand the most recognized grounds care brand in the business.
- Nationwide networking support: You’ll have over 245 fellow Grounds Guys franchisees to consult with, PLUS the opportunity to meet up at Regional and National Conferences. That’s a LOT of people to “talk shop” with.
- Vendor Discounts: Cut your expenses with ProTradeNet, a program offering preferred discounts through membership that includes annual rebates.
(Peter Van Stralen, Grounds Guys President, CANADA)
**And there’s MORE…
- Wide Open territory available – Be where you want to be
- No licensing needed
- Customize your franchise to offer the services you are most passionate about
- Commercial Properties are looking for companies they can work with nationwide
- Unique Culture of Care -- Attract and retain good people
- Part of the Dwyer Group family of brands, with LIVE R.I.C.H. values
(Kenny Smith, Grounds Guys franchisee, Spokane Valley, WA)
- Franchise Fee: $35,000
- Total Investment Range: $73,470 - $200,070
- Financing Available
- Training Available
- Incorporated Name: THE GROUNDS GUYS, LLC
- Industry: Maintenance Services
- Industry Subsector: Maintenance – General
- Total Units: 176
- Year Founded: 1987
- Started Franchising: 2010
- Office Location: Waco, TX
Discounts: Veterans and Public Protectors (Police and Fire)