Missouri Franchise Opportunities
With three great rivers running through it, a diversity of geography, and an actively growing economy, Missouri is a prime place for new franchise growth.
Settling Down in the Show-Me-State
Want to move and start a franchise in Missouri? Take these cities into consideration:
- St. Louis: Sitting along the Mississippi River, the St. Louis metropolitan area is home to more than 2 million people, and is a large center of manufacturing, trade, transportation and tourism. It’s the home to several major corporations and three professional sports teams.
- Kansas City: The largest city in Missouri with about 464,000 people, Kansas City is known for its jazz and blues music and barbeque scene. It also holds the headquarters for many major companies, and a large branch of the IRS.
- Springfield: The birthplace of Route 66, Springfield has several large universities and a bustling downtown area.
Money Makers in Missouri
Major industries that make up Missouri’s economy include manufacturing, chemicals, aerospace, transportation, printing and food processing.
Agriculture is also a major player, producing large amounts of rice, soybeans, beef, pork, hay, corn and cotton.
Beer and wine are also a large part of the economy in the state. Missouri has always had some of the most lax laws surrounding alcohol, making it a prime place for production. The state also has the lowest cigarette excise taxes in the country.
Taxes and Business Statistics
- Missouri has a corporate income tax of 6.25 percent and a corporate franchise tax based on the business’s net worth.
- The state personal income tax ranges from 1.5 to 6 percent.
- There are 505,207 small businesses in Missouri, making up 97.6 percent of all employers.
Nevada Franchise Opportunities
Does the lure of bright lights, gambling, gold and sin draw you in? Nevada is home to some of the most libertarian laws, allowing for the legalization of things like prostitution, as well as lenient marriage and divorce laws. If you want to live life on the wild side, Nevada might be a good place to open your franchise!
North Dakota Franchise Opportunities
North Dakota is booming—it has the lowest unemployment rate, the fastest growing GDP and has the largest percent increase in population in the past five years. A new kind of gold rush has brought this all about, and if you’re willing to cater to the oil field workers, you too can cash in on the opportunities abounding in this northern state.
Michigan Franchise Opportunities
Home of the American automotive industry, Michigan is a state filled with the beauty of nature, lots of water sources, and more agriculture than you might think. With nearly 10 million residents, Michigan is a fantastic place to start a franchise, and will offer you plenty of opportunities to escape into the great outdoors.