Missouri Franchise Opportunities
With three great rivers running through it, a diversity of geography, and an actively growing economy, Missouri is a prime place for new franchise growth.
Settling Down in the Show-Me-State
Want to move and start a franchise in Missouri? Take these cities into consideration:
- St. Louis: Sitting along the Mississippi River, the St. Louis metropolitan area is home to more than 2 million people, and is a large center of manufacturing, trade, transportation and tourism. It’s the home to several major corporations and three professional sports teams.
- Kansas City: The largest city in Missouri with about 464,000 people, Kansas City is known for its jazz and blues music and barbeque scene. It also holds the headquarters for many major companies, and a large branch of the IRS.
- Springfield: The birthplace of Route 66, Springfield has several large universities and a bustling downtown area.
Money Makers in Missouri
Major industries that make up Missouri’s economy include manufacturing, chemicals, aerospace, transportation, printing and food processing.
Agriculture is also a major player, producing large amounts of rice, soybeans, beef, pork, hay, corn and cotton.
Beer and wine are also a large part of the economy in the state. Missouri has always had some of the most lax laws surrounding alcohol, making it a prime place for production. The state also has the lowest cigarette excise taxes in the country.
Taxes and Business Statistics
- Missouri has a corporate income tax of 6.25 percent and a corporate franchise tax based on the business’s net worth.
- The state personal income tax ranges from 1.5 to 6 percent.
- There are 505,207 small businesses in Missouri, making up 97.6 percent of all employers.
Vermont Franchise Opportunities
Known for its maple syrup and outdoor activities, Vermont is a paradise for tourists, as well as its 626,000 residents. If you want a snowy winter home and well-educated neighbors, consider starting your franchise in the Green Mountain State!
Alabama Franchise Opportunities
While you might think of peanuts and cotton, the state of Alabama boasts a wide array of businesses and nearly five million residents. Major industries include agriculture, aerospace, mining and automobile manufacturing. The economy is comprised mainly of small businesses, and would be an excellent place to open your new franchise!
Illinois Franchise Opportunities
Illinois is a noted bellwether of the United States—it’s been a predictor of trends, and is home to a diverse economy and peoples.