Missouri Franchise Opportunities
With three great rivers running through it, a diversity of geography, and an actively growing economy, Missouri is a prime place for new franchise growth.
Settling Down in the Show-Me-State
Want to move and start a franchise in Missouri? Take these cities into consideration:
- St. Louis: Sitting along the Mississippi River, the St. Louis metropolitan area is home to more than 2 million people, and is a large center of manufacturing, trade, transportation and tourism. It’s the home to several major corporations and three professional sports teams.
- Kansas City: The largest city in Missouri with about 464,000 people, Kansas City is known for its jazz and blues music and barbeque scene. It also holds the headquarters for many major companies, and a large branch of the IRS.
- Springfield: The birthplace of Route 66, Springfield has several large universities and a bustling downtown area.
Money Makers in Missouri
Major industries that make up Missouri’s economy include manufacturing, chemicals, aerospace, transportation, printing and food processing.
Agriculture is also a major player, producing large amounts of rice, soybeans, beef, pork, hay, corn and cotton.
Beer and wine are also a large part of the economy in the state. Missouri has always had some of the most lax laws surrounding alcohol, making it a prime place for production. The state also has the lowest cigarette excise taxes in the country.
Taxes and Business Statistics
- Missouri has a corporate income tax of 6.25 percent and a corporate franchise tax based on the business’s net worth.
- The state personal income tax ranges from 1.5 to 6 percent.
- There are 505,207 small businesses in Missouri, making up 97.6 percent of all employers.
Indiana Franchise Opportunities
What once really was the “Land of the Indians,” Indiana is now home to nearly 6.6 million people, with the largest group of the population hailing from German lineage.
West Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Located in the heart of Appalachia, West Virginia is renowned for its rolling hills and beautiful foliage. A center for coal mining and logging, it also has a bevy of recreational activities and some of the most extensive cave systems in the country. If you want to start a franchise in a place with beautiful scenery and an interesting political background, check out the Mountain State of West Virginia!
Texas Franchise Opportunities
Everything may be bigger in Texas, but it ranks second in many things: population, size of the state and GDP. Still, that’s enough to make it one of the biggest, most productive states out there, with enough barbecue, chili and cowboys for all.