New Jersey Franchise Opportunities
You can strut your stuff at the Jersey Shore, go gambling in Atlantic City, hike in the forests, or live in Jersey City and commute into New York. New Jersey offers a wide variety of opportunities and lifestyles, and there’s sure to be a place or industry in the state that suits you.
New Jersey may be small, but it’s crowded—it’s the most densely populated state and has nearly 9 million people. Check out these cities which each offer a different kind of Jersey experience:
- Newark: The largest city in New Jersey, Newark sits in close proximity to Manhattan, and offers a bevy of transportation options, including a very busy airport and port. Many companies are headquartered here, and there is a bustling community scene full of arts, sports and activities.
- Jersey City: Also part of the New York City metropolitan area, Jersey City offers lots of shopping opportunities, cheaper rent than living in NYC and a strong school system.
- Toms River: This city sits in the middle of the state on the waters edge, and offers a slight reprieve from big city life. That said, there’s still a strong community vibe, and it’s known for its Halloween parade, which is the second largest in the world.
New Jersey is quite an affluent place; it has the third-highest per capita income, and the second-largest number of millionaires per capita.
The state’s economy revolves around the pharmaceutical industry, finance, telecommunications, chemicals, shipping, printing, publishing and tourism. New Jersey also has a strong agricultural market, growing blueberries, cranberries, spinach, peaches, bell peppers and asparagus.
If you settle near the Jersey Shore, perhaps consider a gym (link) or tanning (link) franchise!
Taxes in The Garden State
The state has a corporation business tax that ranges from 6.5 to 9 percent, but does not impose a franchise or business privilege tax. There is also a state personal income tax of 1.4 to 8.97 percent.
Business by the Numbers
- New Jersey has nearly 800,000 small businesses, which account for 98.4 percent of all employers in the state.
- The state has a GDP of $560.6 billion, which is slightly larger than the GDP of Sweden.
- New Jersey is the only state where every county is considered a metropolitan area.
Delaware Franchise Opportunities
Small but mighty, Delaware is known as The First State—having been the first state to ratify the Constitution. These days, Delaware is home to a little less than a million people, and one of the largest Air Force bases in the country.
Mississippi Franchise Opportunities
The land of catfish, blues music and cotton, Mississippi is rich in cultural heritage. There is plenty of opportunity to come in and make positive change in this state, and it could benefit from the right kinds of franchises.
Hawaii Franchise Opportunities
If you’ve ever dreamed of living on a tropical island, surrounded by beaches, surfing, lush vegetation, Hawaii might be an ideal place for you to open a franchise. Imagine running your own business and staring out into the Pacific Ocean with a drink in hand!