Alabama Franchise Opportunities
While you might think of peanuts and cotton, the state of Alabama boasts a wide array of businesses and nearly five million residents. Major industries include agriculture, aerospace, mining and automobile manufacturing. The economy is comprised mainly of small businesses, and would be an excellent place to open your new franchise!
Alabama by the Numbers
- Small businesses represent 97 percent of all employers in the state.
- There are 393,768 small businesses in Alabama, and they are crucial to the state’s economy.
- Most of Alabama’s small businesses are very small. Nearly 81 percent of all businesses have no employees, and most employers have fewer than 20 employees.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Alabama has a franchise tax, also known as a business privilege tax, which is based on the net worth of your business. If your business is subject to the tax, it is a $100 minimum, and goes up with the amount of taxable income your business generates.
Alabama also charges a corporate income tax that is a flat rate of 6.5 percent of taxable net income, which is capped at a maximum of $15,000.
Where to Settle in the Heart of Dixie
There are four major metropolitan areas in the state of Alabama that might be a good choice for you to open a franchise in:
- Birmingham: By far the largest metropolitan area, it boasts more than 1,130,000 residents.
- Huntsville: The largest city by land total, Huntsville also has an impressive population of more than 430,000 people.
- Mobile: The oldest city in Alabama, it was founded by French colonists.
- Montgomery: The state capital, this city has more than 377,000 residents.
Ohio Franchise Opportunities
It’s consistently been ranked one of the best states for business, is a bellwether state for politics and is conveniently located between two of the major regions of the country. Ohio would be a superb choice for a place to live and start a franchise!
Indiana Franchise Opportunities
What once really was the “Land of the Indians,” Indiana is now home to nearly 6.6 million people, with the largest group of the population hailing from German lineage.
Washington Franchise Opportunities
A mountainous and breathtaking state in the Pacific Northwest, Washington is green, clean and almost tax-free. It is a major agricultural state, but also has a number of other industries. If you want a low-tax place to enjoy the beauty of nature, try your hand at franchising in Washington!