West Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Located in the heart of Appalachia, West Virginia is renowned for its rolling hills and beautiful foliage. A center for coal mining and logging, it also has a bevy of recreational activities and some of the most extensive cave systems in the country. If you want to start a franchise in a place with beautiful scenery and an interesting political background, check out the Mountain State of West Virginia!
Picking a City
West Virginia consists of mostly small towns, with only the capital of Charleston coming in at slightly more than 50,000 residents. No matter where you live, you’ll be close to nature, water and trees. Check out these picks:
- Charleston: The capital and largest city in the state, Charleston is home to many colleges, parks, a state forest and a thriving arts scene.
- Morgantown: Located in the northern part of the state, Morgantown has West Virginia University, and a government-funded personal rapid transit system.
West Virginia is the top coal producer in the country, and also produces large amounts of natural gas and oil. The mining industry has always been a part of the state’s history, and continues to be a major part of the economy.
Tourism is also big in the state, with major draws being Harpers Ferry National Historic Park, the cave systems, and many other state parks.
Let’s Talk Taxes
West Virginia has a corporate income tax set at a flat rate of 7.75 percent, as well as a franchise tax that varies based on net worth. In addition, the state personal income tax ranges from 3 to 6.5 percent.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 118,500 small businesses in West Virginia, which account for 96 percent of all employers in the state.
- Of those, 5,830 are franchises, which employ 62,200 people.
- West Virginia has a GDP of $65.7 billion.
South Dakota Franchise Opportunities
If you long for a rural lifestyle, space to spread your wings and no taxes, South Dakota can certainly deliver. There are plenty of little towns you could easily excite by bringing in a new franchise!
Pennsylvania Franchise Opportunities
One of the 13 original states and chock full of history, Pennsylvania has a diverse population of nearly 13 million people and one of the largest economies in the nation. This is an ideal place to begin a new life and a new franchise!
Missouri Franchise Opportunities
With three great rivers running through it, a diversity of geography, and an actively growing economy, Missouri is a prime place for new franchise growth.