Arkansas Franchise Opportunities
You can have it good, for cheap, if you decide to start a franchise in Arkansas! In 2014, Arkansas was found to be the most affordable state to live in.
Where to Begin
If you want to live in Arkansas, consider one of the following locations:
- Little Rock: The capital city, this is also the largest and most populated place in the state, clocking in with close to 200,000 residents.
- Fort Smith Metropolitan Area: Although this area technically includes two counties in Oklahoma, it is a thriving corner of Arkansas and boasts 85,000 people in the city of Fort Smith alone.
- Fayettville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Area: Located in Northwest Arkansas, this is one of the fastest growing metro areas and has doubled in population between 1990 and 2010.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Arkansas has a corporation franchise tax, which might set you back a few hundred dollars, depending on what kind of franchise you open. In addition, the state also has a graduated corporate income tax, which varies based on net income. Arkansas also has a personal income tax, which swings from 1 to 7 percent based on income.
Adding up Arkansas
- There are 241,455 small businesses in Arkansas, which make up 96.8 percent of all employers in the state.
- Self-employment in Arkansas has improved over the last decade, and minority self-employment has seen the most growth.
- Arkansas has six national park sites, 2.5 million acres of national forests and 50 state parks, truly earning its name as “The Natural State.”
Massachusetts Franchise Opportunities
One of the most historical places in America, Massachusetts has seen the first colony of Plymouth, the Salem witch trials, the Boston Tea Party and is home to Harvard University—the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. This little state has a lot of people, and is a solid option for where to start your next franchise.
Delaware Franchise Opportunities
Small but mighty, Delaware is known as The First State—having been the first state to ratify the Constitution. These days, Delaware is home to a little less than a million people, and one of the largest Air Force bases in the country.
New Mexico Franchise Opportunities
If you want a state that offers a multitude of incentives for opening a business, low income taxes and plenty of room to set up shop, New Mexico could be a stellar place for you to being a new adventure in franchising!