Pennsylvania Franchise Opportunities
One of the 13 original states and chock full of history, Pennsylvania has a diverse population of nearly 13 million people and one of the largest economies in the nation. This is an ideal place to begin a new life and a new franchise!
Picking a Place to Live
If you want to try your hand in the Quaker State, consider one of these cities:
- Philadelphia: The largest city in the state and the fifth most populated in the country, Philadelphia played a large role in the American Revolution and now is home to a strong cultural scene and four major sports teams.
- Pittsburg: Known as the Steel City for its 300-plus steel businesses, Pittsburg is a hub of activity in the glass, aluminum and shipbuilding industries as well.
- Erie: Named after the lake it sits on, this city is close to many other major cities, such as New York, Cleveland and Buffalo, and is known for its manufacturing sector.
Pennsylvania has a GDP of $647.4 billion, which is slightly more than that of Switzerland. Its major industries include manufacturing, banking, agriculture, gambling and film.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Pennsylvania has a corporate income tax set at a flat rate of 9.99 percent. The state personal income tax is a flat rate of 3.07 percent, one of the lowest in the country.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 990,000 small businesses in Pennsylvania, which make up 98.3 percent of employers in the state.
- Of those, 29,500 are franchises, which employ 318,600 people.
Washington Franchise Opportunities
A mountainous and breathtaking state in the Pacific Northwest, Washington is green, clean and almost tax-free. It is a major agricultural state, but also has a number of other industries. If you want a low-tax place to enjoy the beauty of nature, try your hand at franchising in Washington!
New York Franchise Opportunities
Although it may seem like New York is the land of major retailers, small business is booming in the Empire State—there are more than 2 million small businesses in New York. These are located in every region, city and neighborhood of the state, making New York a fantastic place to start your franchise.
Arkansas Franchise Opportunities
You can have it good, for cheap, if you decide to start a franchise in Arkansas! In 2014, Arkansas was found to be the most affordable state to live in.