Pennsylvania Franchise Opportunities
One of the 13 original states and chock full of history, Pennsylvania has a diverse population of nearly 13 million people and one of the largest economies in the nation. This is an ideal place to begin a new life and a new franchise!
Picking a Place to Live
If you want to try your hand in the Quaker State, consider one of these cities:
- Philadelphia: The largest city in the state and the fifth most populated in the country, Philadelphia played a large role in the American Revolution and now is home to a strong cultural scene and four major sports teams.
- Pittsburg: Known as the Steel City for its 300-plus steel businesses, Pittsburg is a hub of activity in the glass, aluminum and shipbuilding industries as well.
- Erie: Named after the lake it sits on, this city is close to many other major cities, such as New York, Cleveland and Buffalo, and is known for its manufacturing sector.
Pennsylvania has a GDP of $647.4 billion, which is slightly more than that of Switzerland. Its major industries include manufacturing, banking, agriculture, gambling and film.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Pennsylvania has a corporate income tax set at a flat rate of 9.99 percent. The state personal income tax is a flat rate of 3.07 percent, one of the lowest in the country.
Business by the Numbers
- There are 990,000 small businesses in Pennsylvania, which make up 98.3 percent of employers in the state.
- Of those, 29,500 are franchises, which employ 318,600 people.
Ohio Franchise Opportunities
It’s consistently been ranked one of the best states for business, is a bellwether state for politics and is conveniently located between two of the major regions of the country. Ohio would be a superb choice for a place to live and start a franchise!
Washington, DC Franchise Opportunities
The nation’s capital and home to a proliferation of government activity, DC is a great place to take advantage of a fairly affluent population, great (and free!) museums, and a dazzling art scene. If you’re thinking about opening a franchise, Washington, DC might be the perfect place for you!
New Jersey Franchise Opportunities
You can strut your stuff at the Jersey Shore, go gambling in Atlantic City, hike in the forests, or live in Jersey City and commute into New York. New Jersey offers a wide variety of opportunities and lifestyles, and there’s sure to be a place or industry in the state that suits you.