Utah Franchise Opportunities
Utah is on the rise—with the second fastest growing population, it’s been found one of the best places to live, with healthy people, a strong economy and a beautiful landscape. Come join the Mormon majority, make your home and start a business in Utah!
Where to Live
Nearly 80 percent of Utah’s population lives within the greater Salt Lake City area, and the bulk of the rest live in the Dixie area in the southwestern part of the state. Here are a few places you might want to consider:
- Salt Lake City: Founded by Mormons and home to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Salt Lake City is a destination for tourists seeking outdoor sports in the winter, and is also the industrial banking center of America.
- St. George: The second-fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, St. George also has LDS roots, but boasts a strong economy and great recreation sites.
In 2014, Utah was ranked the best state for business by Forbes, citing its booming economy, high-paying jobs, low unemployment rate, low taxes and general friendliness.
Major industries in Utah include mining, petroleum, government services, cattle ranching and salt production. Tourism is also a large factor in the state’s economy, as it holds a huge number of national parks, monuments and forests.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Utah has both a corporate income tax of 5 percent, as well as a 5 percent franchise tax on net income. There’s also a state personal income tax at a flat rate of 5 percent. Utah really makes it easy!
Business by the Numbers
- There are 247,700 small businesses in Utah, which make up 96.8 of the state’s employers.
- Of those, 7,620 are franchises, which employ 84,200 people.
- Utah has a GDP of $142.3 billion, slightly lower than that of Vietnam.
Oklahoma Franchise Opportunities
Oklahoma is a geographically diverse state that sits at the confluence of three geographic regions, giving it a unique culture and landscape that combines the Native American history with newer influences.
West Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Located in the heart of Appalachia, West Virginia is renowned for its rolling hills and beautiful foliage. A center for coal mining and logging, it also has a bevy of recreational activities and some of the most extensive cave systems in the country. If you want to start a franchise in a place with beautiful scenery and an interesting political background, check out the Mountain State of West Virginia!
New Jersey Franchise Opportunities
You can strut your stuff at the Jersey Shore, go gambling in Atlantic City, hike in the forests, or live in Jersey City and commute into New York. New Jersey offers a wide variety of opportunities and lifestyles, and there’s sure to be a place or industry in the state that suits you.