Utah Franchise Opportunities
Utah is on the rise—with the second fastest growing population, it’s been found one of the best places to live, with healthy people, a strong economy and a beautiful landscape. Come join the Mormon majority, make your home and start a business in Utah!
Where to Live
Nearly 80 percent of Utah’s population lives within the greater Salt Lake City area, and the bulk of the rest live in the Dixie area in the southwestern part of the state. Here are a few places you might want to consider:
- Salt Lake City: Founded by Mormons and home to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Salt Lake City is a destination for tourists seeking outdoor sports in the winter, and is also the industrial banking center of America.
- St. George: The second-fastest growing metropolitan area in the country, St. George also has LDS roots, but boasts a strong economy and great recreation sites.
In 2014, Utah was ranked the best state for business by Forbes, citing its booming economy, high-paying jobs, low unemployment rate, low taxes and general friendliness.
Major industries in Utah include mining, petroleum, government services, cattle ranching and salt production. Tourism is also a large factor in the state’s economy, as it holds a huge number of national parks, monuments and forests.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Utah has both a corporate income tax of 5 percent, as well as a 5 percent franchise tax on net income. There’s also a state personal income tax at a flat rate of 5 percent. Utah really makes it easy!
Business by the Numbers
- There are 247,700 small businesses in Utah, which make up 96.8 of the state’s employers.
- Of those, 7,620 are franchises, which employ 84,200 people.
- Utah has a GDP of $142.3 billion, slightly lower than that of Vietnam.
Wisconsin Franchise Opportunities
Known as “American’s Dairyland” and especially renowned for its cheese—and cheeseheads (fans of the Green Bay Packers)—Wisconsin sits between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River and has a wide variety of geographical features. If you want to live among the best cheeses and craziest football fans in the nation, consider opening your franchise in Wisconsin!
Minnesota Franchise Opportunities
The Land of 10,000 Lakes really is an accurate description of Minnesota—there are more than 11,000 lakes scattered across this beautiful state, whose name comes from the Dakota word meaning “clear blue water.” Minnesota has a high level of civic engagement, a high standard of living and is one of the best-educated states in the nation, making it a fabulous place to start your franchise and call home.
Nebraska Franchise Opportunities
If you like the idea of small town living, and want a close-knit community you can bring a new franchise to, Nebraska might suit you just fine.