Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Chock full of history, good seafood and federal agencies, Virginia has a booming tech industry, a relatively high standard of living, and would be a fantastic place to start a new franchise!
Selecting a City
More than 8.3 million people call the commonwealth home, and there are a variety of metropolitan areas across the state that could be a perfect new home for you:
- Arlington: Located directly across the river from Washington, DC, Arlington is home to many federal agencies, and makes a great commuter town for those who work in the district.
- Virginia Beach: The largest city in Virginia, it is a resort city with plentiful beaches, hotels and state parks. Consider opening a hotel (link) or ice cream (link) franchise on the beach here!
- Chesapeake: Located in the southeastern part of the state, Chesapeake has miles of waterfront, and has been voted on of the best cities in America.
Virginia has a diverse and robust economy, with a GDP of $478.7 billion, placing it in the top 10 states. The government is a large driver of the economy, with 12 percent of all federal procurement money being spent in the state.
Technology also accounts for a major chunk of the economy, and computer chips are the state’s highest grossing export. Agriculture—including tomatoes, soy, peanuts, hay and tobacco—is also significant.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Virginia has a corporate income tax of a 6 percent flat rate, and does not have a franchise or business tax. There is a state personal income tax ranging from 2 to 5.75 percent.
- There are 656,200 small businesses in Virginia, making up 97.8 percent of employers in the state.
- Of those, 24,800 are franchises, which employ 287,000 people.
- Virginia’s GDP is slightly larger than that of Argentina.
Alabama Franchise Opportunities
While you might think of peanuts and cotton, the state of Alabama boasts a wide array of businesses and nearly five million residents. Major industries include agriculture, aerospace, mining and automobile manufacturing. The economy is comprised mainly of small businesses, and would be an excellent place to open your new franchise!
Alaska Franchise Opportunities
Alaska sits high above the rest of the continental United States, home to 735,000 souls brave enough to take on the long winters and harsh conditions. If you’re tough enough to live in “The Last Frontier,” you will be rewarded with some of the lowest taxes in the country!
Michigan Franchise Opportunities
Home of the American automotive industry, Michigan is a state filled with the beauty of nature, lots of water sources, and more agriculture than you might think. With nearly 10 million residents, Michigan is a fantastic place to start a franchise, and will offer you plenty of opportunities to escape into the great outdoors.