Wisconsin Franchise Opportunities
Known as “American’s Dairyland” and especially renowned for its cheese—and cheeseheads (fans of the Green Bay Packers)—Wisconsin sits between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River and has a wide variety of geographical features. If you want to live among the best cheeses and craziest football fans in the nation, consider opening your franchise in Wisconsin!
More than two-thirds of the state’s population lives within urban areas, with a third of the people in the Milwaukee metropolitan area. There are plenty of mid-size towns to check out to find the perfect fit for you. Consider these places:
- Madison: The state capital, Madison is surrounded by four lakes and is home to the University of Wisconsin, Madison. It’s frequently been rated one of the top places to live in America.
- Milwaukee: The largest city in the state, it sits on Lake Michigan and is a cultural and economic hub of the state. It’s known for its breweries and many companies have headquarters here.
- Green Bay: Home to the Green Bay Packers, this is an industrial city with several meatpacking and paper plants.
Manufacturing is the largest driver of the Wisconsin economy, accounting for 20 percent of the GDP and boasting a diversity of products made in state.
Wisconsin is also a major producer of dairy products, including cheese, milk and butter. Other crops include corn, cranberries, oats, carrots, potatoes and cherries.
Tourism is the third major industry, with many people traveling to explore the numerous waterways, as well as annual festivals.
Let’s Talk Taxes
Wisconsin has a corporate income tax of 7.9 percent, as well as an economic development surcharge for businesses that have gross receipts over $4 million. There is a state personal income tax that ranges from 4 to 7.65 percent.
- There are 440,000 small businesses in Wisconsin, which account for 97.8 percent of employers in the state.
- Of those, 15,350 are franchises, which employ 177,100 people.
- Wisconsin has a GDP of $281.7 billion, which is slightly more than that of Singapore.
New Jersey Franchise Opportunities
You can strut your stuff at the Jersey Shore, go gambling in Atlantic City, hike in the forests, or live in Jersey City and commute into New York. New Jersey offers a wide variety of opportunities and lifestyles, and there’s sure to be a place or industry in the state that suits you.
West Virginia Franchise Opportunities
Located in the heart of Appalachia, West Virginia is renowned for its rolling hills and beautiful foliage. A center for coal mining and logging, it also has a bevy of recreational activities and some of the most extensive cave systems in the country. If you want to start a franchise in a place with beautiful scenery and an interesting political background, check out the Mountain State of West Virginia!
Indiana Franchise Opportunities
What once really was the “Land of the Indians,” Indiana is now home to nearly 6.6 million people, with the largest group of the population hailing from German lineage.